food tourism in Nawlins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bigwheel said:
Well I got a coupla questions for ya. Do folks really put dill pickle slices on Oyster po bos down there in Nawlins? First I ever seen anybody do dat on the one which was a few blocks long. Or could it have been some type of temporary abberation? Notice Unity say he like cajun style Gumbo with a roux mo betta than the creole version. Think I am vice versa..course I eat either one if it free or on sale etc. Which do you prefer Boy?

bigwheel

When you order a Nawlins poboy just tell em "Dressed" = mayo pickles lettus & mators

I like Cajun better, keep in mind everyone has they own recipe down here, I like mine best (natrualy) :LOL:

Whut kinda grease do you use to make the roux? Thanks. I had a hot tip from a januine cajun lady to use ole margarine. Whew that give me the worst case of heart burn I ever had. It was ok the next day after I broke all the hardened up oleo off the top and throwed in the trash. Thanks Boy.

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Whut kinda grease do you use to make the roux? Thanks. I had a hot tip from a januine cajun lady to use ole margarine. Whew that give me the worst case of heart burn I ever had. It was ok the next day after I broke all the hardened up oleo off the top and throwed in the trash. Thanks Boy.

bigwheel

Never use margerine it has water in it, That makes the roux clump up while cooking it. use shorting, lard or cooking oil. Butter can be used but it makes the roux to rich (heart burn city) ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom