Food Network

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Captain Morgan

Chef Extraordinaire
I had a shrimp pizza one time and didn't like it.....I've always wanted a real authentic Chicago Deep Dish pizza...though things look like heaven to me!

I got invited to the grand opening of UNO here last summer.....supposed to be real deep dish....however they served me a broccholi pizza.

Let's just say it was the best broocholi pizza I ever had, and I haven't been back.

Captain Morgan wrote:

I had a shrimp pizza one time and didn't like it.....I've always wanted a real authentic Chicago Deep Dish pizza...though things look like heaven to me!

Being born and raised on the southwest side of Chicago and live in the outlaying suburbs now, if you want to try Chicago Deep Dish, Giordanos has great deep dish. Try the sausage and cheese with extra cheese and fresh garlic.

IMHO veggies and pizza don't mix, kinda like Cub fans and Sox fans. :smt071 :snipe:

Nick wrote

Sorry kids...ya can't beat NY City pizza. No matter what pizza parlor you go to, its the best!

No offense, but this is what Chicago thinks of NY pizza :butthead:

There's nothing like a slice of NY pepperoni, where you have to have the napkin in the palm of your hand to keep the grease from drippin' down your arm!! The best!

Rob

I like 'em both ~ Depends on the mood, but I've never been to Chicago so I'm sure the deep dish pizza's I've had don't compare.

Not to take this too far off topic, but when I was in (West) Germany back in the mid '70's, there was this pub I frequented 2 or 3 times a month just for their pizza. Don't know where the owners and workers were from but they weren't German..Anyway, their pizza's had real peppers on them for pepperoni and they were awesome..Anyone know what kind they are? Are they pimento's?

I've had both Chi & NY pizzas. Saying one is better than the other is like saying apples are better than onions. They're just completely different. Both can be delicious.

If you go to a legit Chi pizza house be prepared for a long, long wait. Once they take your order it can be another 45-60 minutes, if they're not busy, before you get your pie. Make sure they have good pitcher prices wherever you wind up.

The pizza I can’t believe everyone has missed so far is the St Louis pizza. Thin crust, provel cheese. Outstanding! Here’s a link to Imo’s—a St Louis classic. There are probably legit pizzerias on The Hill that I’m not recognizing, but Imo’s is still a classic in the area.

Impellazaries has the best deep dish pizza in Louisville. 2 slices is all it takes to fill my seemingly bottomless pit. I am sure even New Yorkers would say it was decent.

I think I caught the re-run of the Pizza contest...it was held in cleveland ( :grin: )

Uh, what's with the dough tossers competition...EEEEEEWWWW!! Those guys are sure talented! :D

Pizza cooked on wood fire ceramic or brick ovens are the best, a cooker like a Primo or BGE does a great job or if money is no object and you have an extra $12000 setting around a Woodstone pizza oven is a great toy for the deck.
Making your own dough and fresh ingredients is the name of the game.

If anyone would like a dough recipe let me know.

Jim

TexLaw said:
jminion said:
Pizza cooked on wood fire ceramic or brick ovens are the best, a cooker like a Primo or BGE does a great job or if money is no object and you have an extra $12000 setting around a Woodstone pizza oven is a great toy for the deck.
Making your own dough and fresh ingredients is the name of the game.

If anyone would like a dough recipe let me know.

Jim

Jim,

I have a pretty good dough recipe, but I'm always looking for others and better ones. Please post yours.

TL
I'd like to see both recipes. 8) 8)

Back
Top Bottom