First day on shift and.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill The Grill Guy

Master Chef
After 2 months of being on 40's for training, yesterday was my first 24 on. I showed up for roll call and the BC said that I was going to be on the ladder truck. Okay, 4th on the truck would be a good first day. He told me that I would be riding in the officers seat Well, except for a couple of non critical (radio) rookie mistakes, I made it through the night and had a blast. We ran several alarm calls, one water leak in a structure, a smoke in a structure with the last call at 23:30. I didnt sleep a whole lot worrried about missing a call, so its off to bed for a power nap.

From left to right:
Bill The Grill Guy, Ashley Gentry, Linda Johnson, Seth McDaniel, Lance Blakey. This was our "Pinning ceramony"

5NewPer.JPG

Bill,

Congratulations on the new postion. Sounds awesome! I echo Larry's sentiments as well. We all owe much gratitude to our police and firefighters.

Now for the good part. I always hear about what great food comes out of firehouses. Be sure to fill us in on your culinary exploits in the firehouse!

Good luck to ya!

Congratulations Bill! Enjoy the new job. I've been a volunteer fireman for 27 years now and the brotherhood in the place is incredible, and yes the culinary part is wonderful!

Congrats Bill! I've been a volunteer FF and a certified ECA in our town for 5 yrs. Keeps me busy. Don't know how you're gonna juggle everything now though. I loved your web site, those ribs really looked good.

Thank guys. Yea, it has been a crazy two months. I have been off line alot. Now that things are getting in place, I will be on more often.

I was thinking about doing Bel Air, Norfolk and Lynchburg Capt. Couldn't get the time off to do the Shelby one again.

I have been getting a lot of calls about catering. That is always a good thing.

Back
Top Bottom