Feasting on Asphalt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ddog27

Sous Chef
Has anyone seen this new Alton Brown show? I really like it. If you haven't seen part one I believe food network is showing it again.

Anyone watch the second episode?? Lots of "Q" in this one. Even a unique style of BBQ called Monroe County BBQ. Looked great!!

Missed the second show...LMAO when he ate the pig foot in 1st show. I wish he'd spend more time at the places talking about why they're special, how they make their food, etc.

ddog27 said:
Has anyone seen this new Alton Brown show? I really like it. If you haven't seen part one I believe food network is showing it again.

I like the show myself , I had to laugh when heate that pigs foot , that was a funny!!!!!

In , I think the second one, he was with some guy that did some Q' with sliced pork butt. There was a lot of noise and confusion here and I missed that part. Anyone know what he/how he did it ?

john pen said:
In , I think the second one, he was with some guy that did some Q' with sliced pork butt. There was a lot of noise and confusion here and I missed that part. Anyone know what he/how he did it ?

Yeah. He sliced the butt into thin steaks and cooked them over hickory coals. He mopped them with a vinegar based sauce. I think they said it was called Monroe County style BBQ. It looked good!! That is what I love about BBQ there are so many different ways to cook it!! Someday I will try all of them!! :D :D :D

ddog27 said:
john pen said:

Yeah. He sliced the butt into thin steaks and cooked them over hickory coals. He mopped them with a vinegar based sauce. I think they said it was called Monroe County style BBQ. It looked good!! That is what I love about BBQ there are so many different ways to cook it!! Someday I will try all of them!! :D :D :D
How long did he cook it for ? Did he grill it or slow cook it ?

Did anyone see when Alton ate the pig brain sandwich?? I don’t think I could have eaten that! Anyone ever tried one of those things??

ddog27 said:
Did anyone see when Alton ate the pig brain sandwich?? I don’t think I could have eaten that! Anyone ever tried one of those things??

They're really not bad. Best served with scrambled eggs. Eliminates the texture issue. Pig brains and scrambled eggs are a very popular southern delicacey served with fried fat back and biscuits and gravey.

Not good Q, but not bad!

Jack

Back
Top Bottom