Feasting on asphalt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1 28-oz. bottle of your favorite barbecue sauce
Parboil the ribs for 40 minutes.
Blasphemy!
img_148981_0_d9da1749061e198e6af84a0ea0854c2c.jpg

OK OK but he rides a nice motorcycle. :D

Burnt Food Dude said:
I got an advertisement from the Food Network about Alton Brown's new "Feasting on Asphalt" book. It had this recipe...

----------

BBQ PORK RIBS, AKA "BREAKFAST RIBS"
Courtesy of Jim's Cafe, Greenville, Mississippi

"If I'm ever put in a position where I am able to choose my last breakfast on earth, I pick this barbecue served atop cornmeal pancakes. Hold the syrup." — Alton Brown

2 onions, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
4 pounds country-style pork ribs
1 tablespoon kosher salt
2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
3 tablespoons beef base
1 28-oz. bottle of your favorite barbecue sauce
2 teaspoons hot sauce

Preheat the oven to 350°F.

Fill a 10-quart stockpot half full of water. Add the onions, garlic, and celery and bring to a boil over high heat. While the water is coming to a boil, toss the ribs with the salt and pepper. Once the water comes to a boil, add the beef base and the ribs. Parboil the ribs for 40 minutes.

Remove the ribs from the stockpot and place them in a large roasting pan. Pour 1 cup of the cooking water into the roasting pan. Roast for 45 minutes, or until tender. Remove from the oven. Combine the barbecue sauce with the hot sauce and spread over the ribs, tossing to coat well. Return to the oven for 15 minutes, or until warmed through.

Yield: 4 to 6 servings

------------------------------

I used to like Alton Brown. Boiling pork? :shock: :(

Looks like BBQ stew to me

This reminds me that I wa standing in front of the ribs at Sam's and overheard one woman telling another woman how good her husbands ribs were and how he boiled them for some time.

I had to walk away quickly. ;)

Cliff H. said:
This reminds me that I wa standing in front of the ribs at Sam's and overheard one woman telling another woman how good her husbands ribs were and how he boiled them for some time.

I had to walk away quickly. ;)
No Cliff thats where you step in...mention this site and a WSM ;)
You need to convert the...heathens

Back
Top Bottom