Favorite Toys as kid?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ScottyDaQ

Master of All
D's Birthday thread... GI Joe references, etc...

What were your favorite toys growing up?

Mine:
Stretch Armstrong
Light Brite
Steve Austin with bionic grip and rocket.
Rock em Sock em Robots

Nick Prochilo said:
I had two rocks that I liked alot! One was big and the other just a bit smaller.

Nick, you must of come from a poor family.

My favorite was an Erector set until my little brother lost most of the parts.

Griff

Griff said:
Nick Prochilo said:
I had two rocks that I liked alot! One was big and the other just a bit smaller.

Nick, you must of come from a poor family.

My favorite was an Erector set until my little brother lost most of the parts.

Griff

Reminds me of Lincon Logs !!! til you lose the small ones, or the gable ends.

Who else misses the "taste" of a good Lincon Log?

Millenium Falcon (the only reason I got it was my grandparents hit it big in Vegas and were guilty they missed my Bday)
and a Pitch Back and The Green Machine...

Funny, when I started reading this thread I thought Erector Set and Lincoln Logs. When our kids were about 9 and 7, I bought them a couple of big sets of Lincoln Logs for Christmas. To contain that many pieces, I lettered "Claire & John's Lincoln Logs" on a big off-white canvas bag with a red magic marker. The kids loved them. Claire kept them until her kids stopped playing with them and then transferred them to John for his kids. Almost all the original pieces, still in the same bag. I bet they'll pass to another generation. :)

--John 8)
(I really liked a lot more toys, but those stand out.)

Damn, you guys are so young.
I always liked slinkys (the real, metal ones, not those wimpy plastic ones). I also liked those plastic rockets that you put water in, then pumped up with air and launched (the CPSC wouldn't let kids have those these days). And there used to be these little plastic model planes, about the size of a playing card, that you launched with a big, heavy-duty rubber band (ditto with the CPSC - "You'll shoot your eye out!") [smilie=pirate.gif]

Larry D. said:
I always liked slinkys (the real, metal ones, not those wimpy plastic ones). I also liked those plastic rockets that you put water in, then pumped up with air and launched (the CPSC wouldn't let kids have those these days). And there used to be these little plastic model planes, about the size of a playing card, that you launched with a big, heavy-duty rubber band (ditto with the CPSC - "You'll shoot your eye out!") [smilie=pirate.gif]

bottle rockets and those planes were soooo middle school.

:roll: :LOL:

ScottyDaQ said:
Larry D. said:

Quoth he who played with a Steve Austin doll.

Nope. Middle schools hadn't been invented yet.

Well we was whut "whispering Bill Anderson" would call po folks. The Wolf knock on our front door he would be in some danger of getting ate. So for Christmas we normally get something that was multi functional something that you could wear and play with too. I always got blue jeans with the front pockets cut out. Dang that brings back some nostalgia.

bigwheel

ScottyDaQ said:
D's Birthday thread... GI Joe references, etc...

What were your favorite toys growing up?

Mine:
Stretch Armstrong
Light Brite
Steve Austin with bionic grip and rocket.
Rock em Sock em Robots

Larry D. said:
ScottyDaQ said:
[quote="Larry D.":2zlqgqd7]Damn, you guys are so young.

Quoth he who played with a Steve Austin doll.

Nope. Middle schools hadn't been invented yet.[/quote:2zlqgqd7]

ACTION FIGURE !!!! ACTION FIGURE !!!! :LOL:

An axe! We were into building log cabins in the vast woods behind our house. Then we would have a good place to smoke!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom