Experts: $4 a gallon gas coming soon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nick Prochilo

Chef Extraordinaire
I went to bed last night reg. gas was $2.65 per gallon, woke up this morning $3.10. One station had the balls to charge $3.15 first thing this morning, then later in the day it dropped to $2.95. How fast our own companies are trying to screw us! Has anybody noticed any of these foreign contries we always seem to be willing to help offer any assistance to us?

I filled up yesterday paying $2.73. Co-worker said he paid $2.79 this morning...just took a stroll down the way and gas is now at $2.99. Tomorrow it should be over 3.....or maybe tonight. Killer. Thinking I'll walking to work from now on. Just called my brother in San Diego, it's 3.19 there! Ouch!

Buy an antique Vespa (sp?) scooter. Can't bet the cool factor of one of those. Just pretend you're Gregory Peck in "Roman Holiday". If you can find a Audrey Hepburn to ride on the back and you're set.
PLX059459.jpg

Can ya imagine where it woulda been had they not cut loose on the strategic reserve? How's that gonna help anyway? Isn't that all crude, and the shortage is with refined?

Wood...at this point it won't help because the cave they keep it in is flooded and they can't get to it!! #-o #-o #-o :-(

At least he spent a couple of hours touring the destroyed cities at 3000 FEET!!! :)

I filled the van up this afternoon at $2.79 for regular ~ Expected over $3!!

FATZ said:
What would you actually expect him to do?

Just curious.

Bruce B said:
He's got no business going there now and you know it. If he did go, some of you would beeotch that he was taking NOLA police and fire away from saving lives to work his security detail.

Furthermore, it's already his second term, it doesn't matter if it was an election year or not.
Good try guys.

I would expect him to stay away just as he did... But I would have expected that last year in FLA also. But because it was an election year and he was running, he showed up down there and did take the police away from more important jobs than following him around.

Bruce, your statement I high-lited was exactly my point for the reason he's not there. Thank you for reinforcing it. =D>

I think it's time to get out of "Dodge" and start charging those boys over there by the barrel of oil every day were there still sorting out there cluster (you know what) See how much a barrel of oil would drop then! But that's okay, Most Washington DC big shots have stock in oil companies. They stand to make a fortune on gasoline. Am I the only one that sees this? No price cap in the future by them also. WHY WOULD THEY?

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
I think it's time to get out of "Dodge" and start charging those boys over there by the barrel of oil every day were there still sorting out there cluster (you know what) See how much a barrel of oil would drop then! But that's okay, Most Washington DC big shots have stock in oil companies. They stand to make a fortune on gasoline. Am I the only one that sees this? No price cap in the future by them also. WHY WOULD THEY?

I knew I liked you Pigs. 8-[

Finney said:
I would expect him to stay away just as he did... But I would have expected that last year in FLA also. But because it was an election year and he was running, he showed up down there and did take the police away from more important jobs than following him around.

When would it be OK with you for him to go? I know, I know it's Bush and no matter what he does it's wrong. I suppose it only became wrong for him to go to scenes of natural disasters and previous presidents did not make these trips. http://edition.cnn.com/WEATHER/9909/20/floyd.04/

I'm sure all the cops in North Carolina were sitting around with their thumbs up their asses with nothing to do.

No, Clinton had no business in NC after the floods there in 1999 either. But you can tell by the date on the story he wasn't using it to get elected.
He might have been using it to take the heat off of himself for other things (who knows), but not to get votes in a key election state.

Back
Top Bottom