Dull Knives

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rag1

Executive Chef
MABA sanctioned a cook today on the Pa./Md border (near Philly). I didn't cook (judged) so I brought my Tormex sharpening machine along. I set it up after judging while waiting for the awards. I asked several teams to bring their knives to be sharpened and wound up with over 20 blades. One local woman drove home and back with her kitchen knives. Another woman wanted to send me her Japanese steel $100 jobs.
We may offer this sharpening in the future where MABA members pay a small price which will go into out treasury and non members a bit more and into my pocket. :D
Apparently there are a ton of dull knives out there.

Yeah, I noticed the price too.
Actually it took me years to finally put down the cash for it. The final deal was watching a demo at a wood working show where the guy sharpened a butcher knife, held up a sheet of paper, and in one continuous motion, sliced 2/3s of the way down, then turned the blade up and around, cutting a grapefruit sized whole while the cut out disk floated to the floor. Whee doggy, that is sharp.
I told my wife that somethings wrong with this picture yesterday. I'm sharpening all these knives when I haven't hit my own in a year or a year and a half. A diamond steel keeps them in good shape. The Tormex is more for plane irons and chisels in the shop.

Back
Top Bottom