Dont mess with a good thang.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gator1

Senior Cook
I was diddling around tonight waiting for my chicken to "get done" and decided that I would try and add some another ingredient to my base Steak Seasoning – been wanting to do this for a while now....to see what would happen…disaster, that’s what happened. It’s amazing how the addition of 1 more spice can totally hose up a good thing. Even 4 beers could dull the lousy taste.

Oh well lesson learned. Don’t mess with a good thing.

That (!@#$%) batch goes in the trash!

Gator

gator said:
I was diddling around tonight waiting for my chicken to "get done" and decided that I would try and add some another ingredient to my base Steak Seasoning – been wanting to do this for a while now....to see what would happen…disaster, that’s what happened. It’s amazing how the addition of 1 more spice can totally hose up a good thing. Even 4 beers could dull the lousy taste.

Oh well lesson learned. Don’t mess with a good thing.

That (!@#$%) batch goes in the trash!

Gator

you were WHAT?!?!? :shock: :LOL:

I think if your recpie is high enough in sugar (especially sugar) and salt, the paprika is more tolerable as long as there are a few more things in there to tone it down.

I like the smell of paprika right out of the jar, but too much gives beef a semi-burnt taste, imo. [smilie=rlp_smilie_207.gif]

- just my 2 pennies.

Gator

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Bryan S":3ly5dx4e]
gator said:
paprika was the killer. perhaps I just added a bit too much...

Gator
I hate that crap, gives the rub a texture like sand. YUCK!

I agree 100% B!!!![/quote:3ly5dx4e]

Double ditto!!

Back
Top Bottom