Dinner w/Griff and John (Unity)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
Just got home from a delicious dinner and great time with Griff and John (Unity). I was afraid the plan was gonna fall through due to the weather (snow & sleet) but there was no way I was gonna wimp out due to weather when having dinner with someone from Alaska!! I had to show, I wasn't skeered of the ice and snow!! Then Griff gets there and tells me the forecast for his return trip home was pretty good, they were calling for highs in 10's :shock: . I don't know how people deal with that extreme weather......

Anyways, Griff, John and their wives were some of the nicest people I've ever had the opportunity to meet! We had a fantastic dinnner and talked like we'd known eachother for years! I'm already looking forward to our next opportunity to get together for good food and company again! I'm skeered of flying so Mr. & Mrs. Griff, we'll meet again when you hit the East Coast again! John, you and Jody will have to head on out to the big ole' city of Bealeton, Virginia soon since you're right up the road in the city! I'll cook something for us!! Linda and I had a fantastic time meeting all of you and look forward to getting together again! The pleasure was all ours!

Cliff H. said:
Sounds like a good deal.

Griff and Unity are a couple of regular World travelers. ;)

Yes they are! Hopefully one day in the "SUMMER" I'll get out to Alaska to visit them!!

john pen said:
No pics....Im thinking NO PICS = NO MEET... :LOL:

LOL I charged the camera up the night before, then came home in a hurry and picked up my wife cause the weather was getting bad and forgot the damn camera!

We'd have liked to have met more of y'all, but we didn't slow down much except to eat barbecue. Twenty-five hundred and one miles of the Greater Southeast in a week. :shock:

BTW, Ray Lampe and Dave DeWitt earned our awed respect: They ate at 22 joints in 6 days, an average of 3 2/3 bbq meals a day! We didn't match that, only partly because we were on the road on a Sunday. (Who woulda guessed that NC closes down on Sunday?
confused-smiley-013.gif
)

I'll try to put together a Web page with our food stops and ratings in the next few days -- you guys'll be the first to know who we think serves memorable bbq, and where we wouldn't stop again.

--John 8)

Back
Top Bottom