dare I ask..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
wittdog said:
Dare I ask if the site is up and running.....like it's supposed to?
I'd wait at least a week after no down time before even thinking of answering that question. :grin:

Our Site in California was down for 3 weeks OH My what fun it was
Back up now But you would have thougt somebody had been killed

Here's what is happening:

I talked with the Site Admin of MFBB.com...the entire MFBB is under what is called a "Syn Attack". I don't want to explain the whole thing but this person is clogging up all of the sites and at this point the SA has no way of stopping it from happening. Hopefully this person will grow weary and go mess with someone else. Sorry for the inconvenience and I appreciate you patients!! :(

Which may explain why those of us with dial up are having more problems then those with the high tech connection

When you run a server, you're always vulnerable to Denial Of Service attacks. Something Admins have to live with....and just wait until the little script kiddies get bored. :)

jshively said:
ScottyDaQ said:
When you run a server, you're always vulnerable to Denial Of Service attacks. Something Admins have to live with....and just wait until the little script kiddies get bored. :)

*cough* AOLHell *cough*

Sorry thinking back to all the fun scripts.

Did you see ass the MSS Advisories that came out yesterday?
We're overriding change freezes in my company to install the new patches.

jshively said:
ScottyDaQ said:
jshively said:
ScottyDaQ said:

*cough* AOLHell *cough*

Sorry thinking back to all the fun scripts.

Did you see ass the MSS Advisories that came out yesterday?
We're overriding change freezes in my company to install the new patches.

Have you looked into WSUS for applying patches automatically? It is free via M$. We currently are using it and it is pretty good.

Only thing I would recommend is not having servers auto update. One idiot here decided to do it on our mail server and one of the patches conflicted with Exchange and would lock it up every hour or so. Of course if you ask him oh no I never applied any patches. Two words: log files.
Can't do that here. Long Story.

Back
Top Bottom