Danish ribs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puff1

Chef Extraordinaire
I got a good deal on some Danish ribs today, $13 for 10lbs.
Iwas wondering if anybody has tried them, if so what did ya' think?

ok, here's my humble opinion..

Danish ribs were sold in restaurants at high prices, creating the impression they were the filet mignon of ribs.

Danish ribs are smaller and less meaty than our normal bb's.

Danish ribs are easier for restaurants to cook quickly.

At some point, some kind of food safety issue somewhere ceased the
import of Danish ribs. When the ban was lifted, the ribs were re-introduced at low prices to try to get them popular again.

I bought them at that point, and was not happy with the amount of
meat on the bones. Kinda like eatin chicken ribs.

Imho. IIRC.

Captain Morgan said:

Danish ribs were sold in restaurants at high prices, creating the impression they were the filet mignon of ribs.

import of Danish ribs. When the ban was lifted, the ribs were re-introduced at low prices to try to get them popular again.

Imho. IIRC.
I talked to Bruce earlier, he pretty much said the same thing.
I did buy 'em and i'm gonna' try 'em :!:
Maybe on the inlaw's next weekend :!:
I never knew there was that much history on them, thanks for the info Cap :!:

Puff said:
Captain Morgan said:

Imho. IIRC.
I talked to Bruce earlier, he pretty much said the same thing.
I did buy 'em and i'm gonna' try 'em :!:
Maybe on the inlaw's next weekend :!:
I never knew there was that much history on them, thanks for the info Cap :!:

Always bets to try stuff on the inlaws! #-o

Puffy, I used to cook them when they were dirt cheap. I agree they're not awfully meaty, but not too bad either. Try grilling them vs. smoking.

Larry Wolfe said:
Puffy, I used to cook them when they were dirt cheap. I agree they're not awfully meaty, but not too bad either. Try grilling them vs. smoking.
No precooking or anything?
Just throw them on the grill :eek:
Thats the way the wife likes 'em :eek:

Yeah, I was hopeing for a real slug fest! Kinda like the 1 that got deleted this morning! That would have been a 7 pager by now! :lcry:

Puff said:
Larry Wolfe said:
No precooking or anything?Just throw them on the grill :eek:

You should be banned from this board for saying such a thing! Precook???? If you wanna go that route, you might as well make your Q in a crock pot! [-X 8-[

Costco had some lamb ribs from Denmark last week, but they weren't giving them away. Can't remember exactly but the werent cheap enough to get me to buy some. I do remember boneless leg-0-lamb at $4/lb. Kind of wish I would have bought one them.
DATsBBQ

brian j said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":2m42b2pt]Yeah, I was hopeing for a real slug fest! Kinda like the 1 that got deleted this morning! That would have been a 7 pager by now! :lcry:

d@mn, sounds like i missed a good one. what was it about?[/quote:2m42b2pt]

Hard to believe....Wolfe Rub!

brian j said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":3c1qc5y6]Hard to believe....Wolfe Rub!
seriously? who gets that fired up over rub? wait don't tell me...[/quote:3c1qc5y6]

Brian "certain" folks just get under the skin. The fight was in part caused by Wolfe Rub, but it was more just people trying to cause trouble.

Larry Wolfe said:
Puff said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":1q3f8c4w]Puffy, I used to cook them when they were dirt cheap. I agree they're not awfully meaty, but not too bad either. Try grilling them vs. smoking.

You should be banned from this board for saying such a thing! Precook???? If you wanna go that route, you might as well make your Q in a crock pot! [-X 8-[[/quote:1q3f8c4w]
WTF, I was just asking a question, won't they be to tough just slappin' them on the grill :eek:

Puff said:
Larry Wolfe said:
Puff said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":163yxi7f]Puffy, I used to cook them when they were dirt cheap. I agree they're not awfully meaty, but not too bad either. Try grilling them vs. smoking.

You should be banned from this board for saying such a thing! Precook???? If you wanna go that route, you might as well make your Q in a crock pot! [-X 8-[
WTF, I was just asking a question, won't they be to tough just slappin' them on the grill :eek:[/quote:163yxi7f]

You didn't cook those things yet? We were hopeing you would be telling us if they were tough or not!

Nick Prochilo said:
Puff said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":1nd4150a]
Puff said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":1nd4150a]Puffy, I used to cook them when they were dirt cheap. I agree they're not awfully meaty, but not too bad either. Try grilling them vs. smoking.

WTF, I was just asking a question, won't they be to tough just slappin' them on the grill :eek:[/quote:1nd4150a]

You didn't cook those things yet? We were hopeing you would be telling us if they were tough or not![/quote:1nd4150a]
Nope haven't cooked them.

Back
Top Bottom