Crab stuffed Shrooooooooooms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bob T said:
Outstanding! Thanks Gary!
I was just at Red Lobster for lunch doing the all U can eat shrimp deal with my Wifey, had some of their stuffed shrooms there. Can't wait to give these a try. I made shrimp stuffed shrooms one time that were ok.

The first time I made them .. from the recipe... they were... ehhhh, ok.... just remember... PLENTY of butter makes any recipe better :grin:

Bob T said:
Outstanding! Thanks Gary!
I was just at Red Lobster for lunch doing the all U can eat shrimp deal with my Wifey, had some of their stuffed shrooms there. Can't wait to give these a try. I made shrimp stuffed shrooms one time that were ok.

Bob, after eating Gary's mushrooms you'll never go back to Red Lobster again! These were by far the best crab stuffed mushrooms I've eaten, period!

Bob T said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":1mk6o6nj][quote="Bob T":1mk6o6nj]Outstanding! Thanks Gary!

Bob, after eating Gary's mushrooms you'll never go back to Red Lobster again! These were by far the best crab stuffed mushrooms I've eaten, period![/quote:1mk6o6nj]

I like their shrooms, but have had better. Now if I could make shrimp scampi really well, I would never want to go there at all. I'll be trying them shrooms next week for sure![/quote:1mk6o6nj]

Here...

Shrimp Scampi
2 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined - tails left on
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Olive oil
1 small onion, sliced thinly
2 tablespoons chopped garlic
1 lemon, juiced
1/2 cup white wine
1/2 cup shrimp stock recipe follows
2 tablespoons cold butter
2 tablespoons chopped parsley leaves
Lemon slices, for garnish

Season the shrimp thoroughly with salt and pepper. Heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add enough oil to lightly coat the pan. Add the shrimp and quickly saute until just starting to turn pink, but not cooked through. Remove from the pan and set aside. Add the onions and saute just until they begin to soften, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook another 30 seconds. Add the lemon juice, white wine, and stock, and reduce by 2/3, about 5 minutes. Add the shrimp back to the pan and swirl in the butter. Finish with the parsley and check for seasoning. Garnish with lemon slices and serve over rice or pasta.

Shrimp Stock
2 1/2 pounds shrimp shells
2 1/2 quarts plus 1 cup cold water
1 cup coarsely chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped carrots
1/2 cup chopped celery
1 tablespoon garlic, roughly chopped
1/2 cup mushroom trimmings
Sachet consisting of the following: 1 bay leaf, 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme, 1/4 teaspoon crushed black peppercorns and 4 parsley stems

Rinse the shrimp shells under cold running water and place them in a 1-gallon stockpot with the remaining ingredients. Bring the pot to a boil and then lower the temperature to a simmer. Skim the impurities that rise to the surface with a ladle, spoon or a skimmer. Simmer the stock for 45 minutes to 1 hour.

When the stock is completed, strain the stockpot and immediately cool the stock using an ice bath of water and ice. Use the amount of stock you need, and refrigerate or freeze the rest.

they are great. we made a different sauce to put on them. it will make you gain pounds just looking at it.

Recipe Name: JS CREAM SAUCE--HORSERADDISH
Category: SAUCE
Serves: 4

1 Stick Unsalted Butter
1 Tblsp Flour
1 Tsp. Onion, Green ( finely chopped )
1 Tsp. Garlic, Finely Minced
1 Tblsp Horseradish-prepared ( more or less to taste )
1/4 Tsp. White Pepper
1 Tsp. Salt
1 Tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 Pint Heavy Cream ( 1 cup )

In a med sauce pan, melt butter, then add flour and whisk constantly over med heat to form a very light golden brown roux.

Add in onion and garlic and saute for another minute or two to soften onion. Whisk constantly to prevent buring.

Pour in cream and reduce heat. simmer mixture without boiling while adding remaining ingredients, stirring frequently.

heat until mixture is coming to a boil, ( stirring frequently ) and thickens up alittle. Mixture will thicken more as it cools.

Mixture can be strained for a smoother sauce.

This is also great on seared scallops & pan fried mashed potatos!

Back
Top Bottom