Cook Team Nmae Change

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BayouBBQ

Cook
Some of you may know that my cook team name is Bayou BBQ, and has been for 6 years. Since we recently went into the sauce and rub business, selling Smokin' Cole's BBQ products, we've hired a marketing consultant to help us with various things to promote the Smokin' Cole's name. They have suggested we change the name of our cook team to Smokin' Cole's. I see their point, but am reluctant because of the longevity of the Bayou BBQ name. Any advise or suggestions on this would be appreciated. This has been a difficult decision for me, and I will still have to convince the name change to the guys who cook with me, if we decide to make the change.
Thanks

Bayou wrote:
Some of you may know that my cook team name is Bayou BBQ, and has been for 6 years. Since we recently went into the sauce and rub business, selling Smokin' Cole's BBQ products, we've hired a marketing consultant to help us with various things to promote the Smokin' Cole's name. They have suggested we change the name of our cook team to Smokin' Cole's. I see their point, but am reluctant because of the longevity of the Bayou BBQ name. Any advise or suggestions on this would be appreciated. This has been a difficult decision for me, and I will still have to convince the name change to the guys who cook with me, if we decide to make the change.
Thanks

Well let me be the first to ask for a free sample. Once tasted, I'll let you know :LOL:

And I like new moniker. Smokin' Cole's does sound better to us mtn types than a reference to a swamp (no offense intended so don't take any please).

PS: You can always put in the fine print "Bayou BBQ tested and approved" or such verbage.

It's just a name...the teammates will be the same and that's all that really matters!! I would look in to advertising on thie site to help spread the name! ;)

I like Smokin' Coles...perhaps to get some more name recognition you guys could run a Holiday Special on your rub.

It is a hard decision to make. Try using the above suggestions or do what Gary and I did. Change the name and keep the image. We used the two names in the new team banner.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom