Cold Weather Cookin'!??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i"ve had to teach my neighbors up here that BBQ is a noun, not a verb. I guess we're the southern novelty around here. Bare feet, herd dog, 3 pieces on the deck made to char mammal flesh and kids that put the Mr or Mrs/Ms infront of everyones name. Maybe thats why God gave us the chance to move here for a bit. or maybe it was for the cardiac center that fixed my 4 year olds heart.

Well Griff be the fella in the know on the cold weather cooking . Now I got to tell you about this trick I used one time. Try sitting a #2 Galvanized washtub upside down over the top. Sure did help with trying to cook in a cold driving rain on an R2d2.

bigwheel

Back to the topic, I'd try either some whale blubber with some Wolfe Rub, or a nice polar bear rib steak with Montreal Seasoning! mmmmmmm Don't forger the Caribou! ;) :LOL:

Nicsoon wrote:
I have to say one of the greatest products that i have pulled from my one touch gold (I am a super newbie!) is baby back pork ribs - usually takes me 4 or 5 hrs and I usually smoke them with hickory or mesquite for the first 2 hrs...Is that closer to your definition of *REAL* BBQ or does the fact that I'm using a Weber Kettle automatically mean it's not REAL bbq??

Sounds real enough for me :D

nicsoon said:
Yes, Bigwheel and others - I am aware of the big ol debate on *what is BBQ* (at least the coles notes version of the debate)...

I have to say one of the greatest products that i have pulled from my one touch gold (I am a super newbie!) is baby back pork ribs - usually takes me 4 or 5 hrs and I usually smoke them with hickory or mesquite for the first 2 hrs...Is that closer to your definition of *REAL* BBQ or does the fact that I'm using a Weber Kettle automatically mean it's not REAL bbq??

Regarding winter grilling - Griff has set me straight: wind is the real killer, not colder temps...I have build a shelter around my One Touch Gold that I will hopefully post for y'all when i get a chance...

nicsoon

If it's real for you, thats all that has to matter! BTW, it sounds real to me also!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom