Cold Weather Cookin'!?? - Page 2 - BBQ Central

Go Back   BBQ Central > Corporate Administration > General (Non-BBQ) Discussion
Click Here to Login

Old 11-01-2006, 06:22 PM   #21
BBQ Central Pro

i"ve had to teach my neighbors up here that BBQ is a noun, not a verb. I guess we're the southern novelty around here. Bare feet, herd dog, 3 pieces on the deck made to char mammal flesh and kids that put the Mr or Mrs/Ms infront of everyones name. Maybe thats why God gave us the chance to move here for a bit. or maybe it was for the cardiac center that fixed my 4 year olds heart.

Curtis
cflatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 11:15 AM   #22
Official BBQ Central Mark

Well Griff be the fella in the know on the cold weather cooking . Now I got to tell you about this trick I used one time. Try sitting a #2 Galvanized washtub upside down over the top. Sure did help with trying to cook in a cold driving rain on an R2d2.

bigwheel

bigwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 02:57 PM   #23
BBQ Centralite

Back to the topic, I'd try either some whale blubber with some Wolfe Rub, or a nice polar bear rib steak with Montreal Seasoning! mmmmmmm Don't forger the Caribou!
Old 11-11-2006, 05:14 PM   #24
Wizard of Que

Nicsoon wrote:
Quote:
I have to say one of the greatest products that i have pulled from my one touch gold (I am a super newbie!) is baby back pork ribs - usually takes me 4 or 5 hrs and I usually smoke them with hickory or mesquite for the first 2 hrs...Is that closer to your definition of *REAL* BBQ or does the fact that I'm using a Weber Kettle automatically mean it's not REAL bbq??
Sounds real enough for me
DATsBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 06:27 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicsoon
Yes, Bigwheel and others - I am aware of the big ol debate on *what is BBQ* (at least the coles notes version of the debate)...

I have to say one of the greatest products that i have pulled from my one touch gold (I am a super newbie!) is baby back pork ribs - usually takes me 4 or 5 hrs and I usually smoke them with hickory or mesquite for the first 2 hrs...Is that closer to your definition of *REAL* BBQ or does the fact that I'm using a Weber Kettle automatically mean it's not REAL bbq??

Regarding winter grilling - Griff has set me straight: wind is the real killer, not colder temps...I have build a shelter around my One Touch Gold that I will hopefully post for y'all when i get a chance...

nicsoon
If it's real for you, thats all that has to matter! BTW, it sounds real to me also!