Cold smoking Salmon.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

surfinsapo

Master Chef
Has anyone done it? I tried it for the first time lastnight and it came out good except not as salty as I expected. I didn't make video or pics since I didn't know if it was going to work. I Bought 5 fillets of salmon. Made brining solution. Water, salt, sugar.. Soaked the fillets for only a hour...??? then pat dried them and let crystals form.. I used a pot full of pecan wood chips on a 1 electric burner stuffed into the fire box of my offset bbq pit. Ran the electric cord out one of the vent holes... It smoked most of the overnight hours and was ready in the morning... I like to put it on cream cheeese on a bagle..
If you have a better recipe please cut and paste it in a reply box....

Regards,

SSapo
:D

I've never cold smoked either. I just rub it down with a little maple syrup, and lite rubbibg of a seafood rub and onto the smoker at around 225*. I take it off when the thermopen reads 145*. Not dry and not wet, just seems perfect for my likeings!

Thanks... I'll try those methods too. I just love that smoked salmon that is thin sliced and put on a bagle with cream chesse... Yum!!

Back
Top Bottom