Cold

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wittdog

Master Chef
The kids and the mrs have the day off do to the cold....temp is 1* with a wind chill of -22*....so what am I going to make today....French Onion Soup...or "Texas Hot" sacue for Hotdogs....(I know they probalby don't have "Texas Hot" sauce in Texas...but thats what it's called up here...it's not chilli although it has some of the flavor of a chilli.....

1 degree here with a -25 also..Every other school in the Western NY area is closed but ours..which happens to be where Im working a side job today..uuggghhh

friggin cold here too.. started turkeys last week and my propane bill is gonna skyrocket... two, one thousand gallon propane tanks that are gonna last a little more than a week.....$$$$ daaaaaammmn

wittdog said:
If you get it thawed...let it drip a little then it won't freeze again...
That's what I usually do.
I forgot to last night :oops:

Good luck with the food today, soup sounds good :D

At 8:30 am, the temp here was -8 with wind chills down to -30. Our schools had a two hour delay and that was all. I had to take Zach to school so his science fair project wouldn't get ruined on the bus. Man, it's cold out! The Bronco was really sluggish turning over and I was afraid to turn it off while I helped him get his stuff into the school. It's not a good day! The back door won't open either the steps have swollen with the ice or the door has shifted down but the door hits the steps and only opens about 2 inches. That's the one we're accustomed to using when leaving and returning home. Les is going to be four hours later than expected after being gone since Thursday.

Can I just go back to bed and not come out till spring?

Puff said:
I have a frozen water pipe :x

I've had water dripping since Friday night so that wouldn't happen. Get you a salamander and get up under the house to thaw those pipes out! We had that happen last year and the year before so now I just run water all the time.

The drain to my washer is frozen in my back insulated pantry ! Got a space heater on it now thawing..God, I hope it didnt crack anything on my brand new friggen washer !!!!!!!!!1 :shock:

Back
Top Bottom