Church BBQ Pit Repair...pics and video now.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

surfinsapo

Master Chef
I am -taking the torch from an ole boy at our church to become the men's club leader or organizer. The church has a giant BBQ pitt with rust on the outside. I want to clean it up and paint it. Also I want to make a shallow gravel pit around it for when it rains. Can I just osfo the metal and them paint with high-temp rustolium? Any advice is well appreciated. I'll go over there today and take a few pics too...

thanks in advance.

Lyndon :D

<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="437" height="370" id="viddler"><param name="movie" value="http://www.viddler.com/player/b58479cd/"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><embed src="http://www.viddler.com/player/b58479cd/" width="437" height="370" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" name="viddler"></embed></object>

Lyndon, I osfo the metal every chance I get. :LOL: It probably would be best to sand off what you can then use a high temp paint.

DaleP said:
Lyndon, I osfo the metal every chance I get. :LOL: It probably would be best to sand off what you can then use a high temp paint.
Ok. will do Dale... Thanks.. wait till you see this monsters.. :shock:

That is a Monster Pit bro.

I'm a Baptist so Church and Food go hand in hand.

Right on man
peace

John A. said:
WOW, that's a BBQ pit. :shock:

You ain't joking. When he said it was big I was like "ok"......That's BIG!

Watch how much and how fast you learn now having to cook for so many people. This will be a great learning time bro.

peace

Kinda reminds me of that scene in Crocodile Dundee...."That ain't a knife...this, is a knife"!

Good for you. Have a whole mess of fun with it!!!

Mike's right, you're about to get a great education if you've never cooked on a pit that big, or for a mess of people before.

Tim

Man you weren't kidding!!!!!
Now that's a pit!!
Can't wait to see her all shined up and cookin' 8)

Looks like a nice piece to do a resto on.

Personally I'd sandblast it with some "Black Beauty" media
and squirt it with some high temp epoxy paint made for
boilers then do some dress up to the grounds around it.....
that will be one FINE lookin' set-up when you're done!
Keep us posted with the progress pics! ;) :D

I failed to see a church in the background???

I thought about suggesting sandblasting, but that'll require one heckuva compressor...

might be just as easy to go at it with a wire wheel on a drill or grinder.. still time consuming thou.

Back
Top Bottom