Chilly Morning Orange Harvest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cookking

Sous Chef
This morning I went out in the yard while it was still quite chilly and picked some oranges to give to friends. Most aren't very big at all but they make up for being small by being really sweet and tasty. I only wish I could have them on those trees year round.
I didn't count how many I picked but it was a lot and I can't see where what I did pick is even noticeable.
img_254788_0_b37c64ba1488f471eef0aa5d809bbe7d.jpg

If you look closely you can see the two different kinds of oranges I have. The ones with the greenish tinge to them are Louisiana Hamlins and the ones with the reddish tinge like a peach are Blood Oranges.
img_254788_1_7d4e772b4c78166ee5399e642276940e.jpg

Of course I had to have a little snack after washing all of those oranges off. Mmmmm..... DELICIOUS!!!!!
img_254788_2_c699aa56b53c71ed06096811a2c32615.jpg

I can't wait to do some cooking with some of these oranges as well as making candied orange peel, blood orange marmalade, my blood orange and habanero pepper hot sauce and a bunch of other things.

If I lived somewhere as warm as you I would have orange trees, lemon trees, and lime trees. Super cool to grow your own!

Person eat two a day will make them live forever..or close. We had Orange trees at Corpus but they were always green and sour. It was good trick to dare somebody to eat one. They had a bunch of thorns where it was handy to pull a tick off the dawgs and stick em on the thorns. Ours did not look like those. Good job!!

40's, really, we have not seen the 40's in almost 2 months up here! How dare you dangle that in front of us Sir.

Actually I like the cold, and winter. Make my allergies go away. For once I ca breathe normally.

Back
Top Bottom