Chili Cook Off

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The last issue of fiery foods had a chile winner's recipe listed. In it was the powered seasoning that is added to ground pork to make Italian sausage. Think about that for you brew. Good luck.

Well, we found out yesterday after noon that it was NOT a cook on site contest. :x Just show up with a crock pot of Chili. :roll: So screw it, we made it last night at my buds house. Kind of bogus, but we had all the stuff to make it so now all we need to do is reheat it and drop it off. Hope theres not a whole lot of women judging, it's a little on the hot side, I think I put too much Ancho powder in it. :LOL: Time will tell. I think it's just right. More Pics at 11:00

Big Oscar at the stove.

Rag said:
The last issue of fiery foods had a chile winner's recipe listed. In it was the powered seasoning that is added to ground pork to make Italian sausage. Think about that for you brew. Good luck.
Damn Rag, too late. Great idea!
Thanks

Well, 36 contestants in mine. Lots of good chili. 6 judges.
1st place was a 20" XD flat panel TV.
2nd place was 2 tickets to Louden.
3rd place was a sweatshirt of the place
4th place was a gift certificate for the place.

Yeah I got 1st.

ScottyDaQ said:

Yeah I got 1st.

Wow, nice prizes Pig.....what was entry fee, $500.00.

Rag said:
ScottyDaQ said:

Yeah I got 1st.

Wow, nice prizes Pig.....what was entry fee, $500.00.
After the sausage...the mind is the first thing to go Rag...
Scotty was in a different chili comp

Cool, Scotty, you'll have a TV to watch next year when analog sets (like ours) go obsolete. Congrats!

Can you describe your chili for us? Not the prize-winning recipe, just what it's like.

--John

ScottyDaQ said:
cubed chuck shoulder, sauce and a little beans (for the yanks)
Has the perfect blend on initial bite, warmth, heat, and after burn.

Is it wrong that I'm aroused? Great job Scotty, you should create a Chili Forum or something.....

I would like to make a top of the line, mild for the wife, good chili. I don't want to search a bunch of recipes either.......Just give it to me. :D

Way to go Scotty! I don't know what place we came in. They only posted the top three. There was fifteen entries. We had fun and I was real happy with our Chili. All women judging, they were crying ours was too hot. Hell, they don't know what hot is. We tasted the top three and we all thought they tasted like cheap Chili out of a can. Oh well. :roll:

Larry Wolfe said:
ScottyDaQ said:
cubed chuck shoulder, sauce and a little beans (for the yanks)
Has the perfect blend on initial bite, warmth, heat, and after burn.

Is it wrong that I'm aroused? Great job Scotty, you should create a Chili Forum or something.....

you better be nice to that lady of yours on V-Day... geez larry.. you get aroused when the wind blows... and what's worse.. you have to inform us of it.... :roll:

Back
Top Bottom