Chicken and Sausage Snarf

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SteerCrazy

Head Chef
Since this didn't contain OKRA I guess it can't be called Gumbo, so I called it SNARF.....enjoy!

I modified a recipe of chicken and sausage gumbo. Added 1lb of boneless, skinless chicken thighs and 1lb of andouille sausage.

Start of Roux

Roux ready, onions, celery, peppers added and sweated out before sausage

Sausage added

Chicken Stock added, simmered down for 1 hour before chicken was added

I made the gumbo saturday night, let it sit in the fridge overnight to let the flavors marinate together....reheated the Gumbo Sunday afternoon.
Added stewed tomato's and about 3 cups of water. The chicken stock made the gumbo real rich tasting, the water tamed it down as did the tomato's.

After the gumbo was at serving temps, I transferred it to a crock pot and kept it on low. Had family over for a birthday party, gumbo was gone-o.

Dan that looks like pretty good Snarf to me!! I'd certainly eat it!! Good job bud!!

Looks good, cajuns eat anything It don't matter what its called.
I will eat fried okra :shock: I just don't like in stews soups or that G word.

Nick Prochilo said:
SteerCrazy said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":3a3mdom0]Mighty fine looking meal! Did you make your roux in 3 minutes? :shock:

I made the roux with my heart and soul.....not from a jar ;) :LOL:

I knew you did by the picture. Somebody told me last week that they made homemade roux in 3 minutes. :shock:[/quote:3a3mdom0]

:shock: :shock: I thought you were rippin on Woodman......3 minutes? wow, that took about 20-25 minutes....VERY easy!

SteerCrazy said:
Nick Prochilo said:
SteerCrazy said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":1a1toe8t]Mighty fine looking meal! Did you make your roux in 3 minutes? :shock:

I made the roux with my heart and soul.....not from a jar ;) :LOL:

I knew you did by the picture. Somebody told me last week that they made homemade roux in 3 minutes. :shock:

:shock: :shock: I thought you were rippin on Woodman......3 minutes? wow, that took about 20-25 minutes....VERY easy![/quote:1a1toe8t]

No, look here.

speedtrap
Baby Back

Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:29 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you really discussing the shelf life of Roux?? COME ON.. Its takes all of 3 Min to make and then you know its fresh..

If you really think about it by the time to go to the Fridge open the door open the jar give it smell to see if its any good then re warm it so it will do its job you could have had a fresh one on the stove already finished..

For all you Low and Slow guys this is pretty LAME. 12+ Hours to make a meal and you save 2 Min by using pre made Roux.

Back
Top Bottom