Chicken and Dumplin's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
You guys gave me the craving with everyone making chicken and dumplings. So I made up some, yeah I cheated and used canned biscuts!! LOL

Larry Wolfe said:
You guys gave me the craving with everyone making chicken and dumplings. So I made up some, yeah I cheated and used canned biscuts!! LOL

Damndest thing using canned biscuits for dumplings. I hear tell that you can now buy roux in a jar.

Bruce B said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":3c104n4a]You guys gave me the craving with everyone making chicken and dumplings. So I made up some, yeah I cheated and used canned biscuts!! LOL

Damndest thing using canned biscuits for dumplings. I hear tell that you can now buy roux in a jar.[/quote:3c104n4a]

LOL, should've seen that one coming! DOH!
[smilie=a_makeitstop.gif] [smilie=a_makeitstop.gif] [smilie=a_makeitstop.gif] [smilie=a_makeitstop.gif] [smilie=a_makeitstop.gif]

photokirk said:
There you go, blatantly and boldly hawking canned biscuits. Are you kin to the Pillsbury Dough Boy or somethin?

I look like him, but I'm not related! :D

;) :LOL:

Nick Prochilo said:
Some believe that they can make them better from scratch!

For what it's worth, I didn't start the Roux debate..............I simply posted what I made..........some Yayhoo from Ohio said some garbage out of a bag was better and it couldn't be made better at home........... How can you argue with a geriatric that has a dachshund with a schlong 5x longer than his and sleep at night?

Hmmm...now that must be some yankee version of chicken and dumplins. Whut is them red balls in there? If you dont mind me being nosey of course:)

bigwheel

Larry Wolfe said:

bigwheel said:
Hmmm...now that must be some yankee version of chicken and dumplins. Whut is them red balls in there? If you dont mind me being nosey of course:)

bigwheel

Larry Wolfe said:

They're carrots and they're orange.

Whew ok..all I could guess was cherry tomaters. Few carrots outta be purty good in there. Now I know you gonna think this is some kind of copy cat deja vue thang all over again but the little bride called about 30 mins ago as she headed home from work to say we is having chicken and dumplins for supper and that I supposed to already be boiling up the chicken. Well you should have seen a fat boy get moving on that deal. I run to the camper to grab my super kingsized grand prize winning januine All Clad stew (chili/gumbo) pot..and a few essential ingredients which I keep in there to keep hid from prying eyes...run back in the house and split the chicken..added a little H2O..butter....granulated garlic and onyawn..black peppa..Minors Chicken base...half a bay leaf and some dry celery flakes..a touch of celery salt and a tiny smidgeon of poultry seasoning. Already got some good smells coming from the kitchen area. We work as a team. I make the broth and she makes the dumplins which come from a box marked Bisquick. I will keep everyone informed as events continue to unfold. I would throw a carrot or two down in there but I aint got none.

bigwheel

Larry Wolfe said:
bigwheel said:

bigwheel

[quote="Larry Wolfe":3u77hd4j]You guys gave me the craving with everyone making chicken and dumplings. So I made up some, yeah I cheated and used canned biscuts!! LOL

They're carrots and they're orange.[/quote:3u77hd4j]

LOL, I just read that....didn't think the texas air was that thin....I don't see dat's makin those kinda comments :LOL:

Boiled yard birds?.....

Why go to the trouble" Just toss a couple of cans of canned costco chicken in there and call it good.

No carrots? Pull a parsnip out of the ground.

Now I just got back from town with some Fenugreek seeds, Cardonmon seeds, Cummin seeds, real Cinnimon (?)from India, Corriander seeds, Black Mustard Seeds and some fresh ginger. All ready have the heat...

Any guesses as to what will come from all this?

DATsBBQ said:
Boiled yard birds?.....

Why go to the trouble" Just toss a couple of cans of canned costco chicken in there and call it good.

No carrots? Pull a parsnip out of the ground.

Now I just got back from town with some Fenugreek seeds, Cardonmon seeds, Cummin seeds, real Cinnimon (?)from India, Corriander seeds, Black Mustard Seeds and some fresh ginger. All ready have the heat...

Any guesses as to what will come from all this?

Wolfe Bold?? [smilie=a_hrm.gif] [smilie=a_movinggreen.gif]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom