Chez's pasta salad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

big dude

Sous Chef
After looking at the Pasta salad pics on Chez John’s blog http://chez-frontporch.blogspot.com (page down to April 23) decided I had to try it. Whipped up a batch this morning to be cold by dinner tonight. We had it with grilled salmon and it turned out real good. Here’s what he sent me about it.
“well, start by using a good pasta ... and don't overcook it

have all your veggies prepped & cut ... when the pasta is done, drain it good, then add the veggies to the pasta when it's still warm. this will take the *raw* edge off the veggies ... then add your dressing, herbs, meat, seasonings, etc. don't add the cheese until it's completely cooled ... you don't want the cheeses to melt.

i used a good oil cured green olive, stuffed with blue cheese ... and also some regular black olives

good hard salami, cubed

for the dressing, i used about 1/2 bottle of newman's oil/vinegar caesar dressing, and an additional 1/4 cup good olive oil

the herbs i used were dried oregano, basil and leaf thyme

also put a few red pepper flakes in it

the cheese i used was a package of kraft cheese crumbles (4 cheese blend) ... and also threw in a handful of shredded asiago

you can use whatever veggies you like ... you can probably see what i used ... i also like marinated artichokes and peas (frozen) in my pasta salads ... but didn't have any on hand this time

Uh Oh, this is what I get

Page not found
Sorry, the page you were looking for in the blog Fat Johnny's Front Porch does not exist.

Looks mighty yummy. Used to spar around with old Chez over at the Widder Basso's place quite a bit. Glad to hear he is still kickiing.

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom