Center Cut Ham Roast?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

3 Olives

Senior Cook
Is anyone familiar with Center Cut Ham Roasts? I saw an ad for these in the paper today and couldn't stop by the store. Also, I'm not finding much info by searching. Thanks.

Center Ham Slice[attachment=0:3jwcxk5r]ham_centercutslice150.jpg[/attachment:3jwcxk5r]
Also referred to as center cut ham steak, this cut is approximately ½ to 1 inch thick and is sliced from the center of the ham where the butt end and shank end are separated. It is available cured and smoked. The center ham slice is the best cut from the ham.

I'm guessing its the whole section of where this comes from.

Sounds plausible. That would be good fried up with some eggs and tates. Thanks Nick. Bring it up easy to internal of 160 using a bunch of smoke. Its a reheat job since the odds are about 99.9999% chance it is already cooked.

bigwheel

Nick Prochilo said:
[quote="Pigs On The Wing BBQ":imzcezvj]I do mine in a fry pan with Dr Pepper or Coke.

Pigs
You do the whole roast in a frying pan? :shock:[/quote:imzcezvj]

Cocaines a hell of a drug.

Nick Prochilo said:
[quote="Pigs On The Wing BBQ":27ymbiw8]I do mine in a fry pan with Dr Pepper or Coke.

Pigs
You do the whole roast in a frying pan? :shock:[/quote:27ymbiw8]

You know what I'm talking about. Please try not to be a dick, I know it's hard, but please take some time to not make you out as Dick as a Nick.

Justaguy, NEVER accuse me of using drugs again! NOT FUNNY. What did I do to piss you off to post such a thing like a response. as that? You tell me Via PM.
Ever wonder why some old friend's don't post here any more? folk like you make it clear!

Pigs

Pigs... STFU. It was funny as hell.

Until 3 Olives says was thickness he gets.... You're all talking out your asses.

Since we doing that, I'll add my rectal affluence...

I like to (not that you asked me...but) get the 1 inch thick cuts ONLY. I rinse the "steak/roast" and trim it ... cut off most of the skin, fat, and the cut out the marrow from the bone (chop it all into a dice and reserve that).

Make a brown roux

Large CI skillet with plenty of bacon grease over med high heat ...
Hit the steak with rough black pepper...get some nice color on one side and flip..remove the steaks when done keep warm.
In the same pan, throw in some diced onions, garlic, the diced: skin, marrow, fat... let it render.
Before it burns...
Raise the temp and deglaze with beer, cider, juice, or other depending on what you like.
Scrap up the gunk up with a wisk... and make a gravy by adding milk/cream and adding the roux.

Put gravy on ........Hunk o ham, mashed taters, green beans, bread for soppin .... MMmmmm

What Scotty said! Btw Pigs, can you add the rest of the words into your post, I really didn't understand it. Also the original post did mention a roast, which would lead me to think it is a larger cut of meat he is talking about. Did you all miss that?

Pigs you need to take it easy, it was a reference to the Chappelle show. Jokes is jokes, next time I'll say git r done at least once.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom