Catering poll....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gary in VA

Head Chef
would you travel 5 hours to do a catering job for at least 100 -125 people for sliced ribeye, chicken, 3 sides, drinks

have to stay probably 2 nights... could crash with my niece possibly... would hire her to help....

hmmmmmmmmmm... thinking about it

Figure travel time, setup, cooking, time shopping, and teardown and figure out how much per hour you are making. I'd say no less than $2500.

You edited a price so I deleted my reply.
No was answer

How much are you bidding?

Does this "profit" take into account the cost of your gas, the cost of hiring help and hotel/motel if you can't find a place to stay? Not to mention other expenses like food and the such. If so, I'd probably do it for a profit of around the $2,000 range. You'd get to see familt and maybe pass on a little knowledge of the art. Maybe even recruit some more business out that way.

Tim

I'd do it if that's what was going into my pocket after every expense had been paid.

Hell, even if you cleared $1,000 after all is said and done I would jump on it. A half day to get there, a day to do it, and a half day home = two days. Don't know about you but I sure as hell don't make $500.00 a day. :shock:

My niece is an intern events planner down there.. and i believe this is for a racing team or a racing supplier... I told her to add in 500 bucks travel expenses... they wanted a "reasonable" price for catering...

is 25 bucks a head for smoked chicken caccatore, sliced whole beef ribeye at a carving station and 3 sides "reasonable" for 100 or more people? they wanted something done on site and not BBQ

Gary in VA said:
My niece is an intern events planner down there.. and i believe this is for a racing team or a racing supplier... I told her to add in 500 bucks travel expenses... they wanted a "reasonable" price for catering...

is 25 bucks a head for smoked chicken caccatore, sliced whole beef ribeye at a carving station and 3 sides "reasonable" for 100 or more people? they wanted something done on site and not BBQ

Whether they think it's reasonable or not, I wouldn't do it for any less. That's alot of work, don't sell yourself short Gary.

I concur with Larry.

Remember, it's not just the time to get there, do the gig, and drive home. You have your time it takes to get the food/supplies you need, prep, and also clean up. As you well know, there's a lot more to a gig then just driving, setting up, cooking, and going home.

Tim

I drove 3.5 hours and stayed in SW FREAKING DETROIT and only made $500 net!!!!! It was for a customer (my day job) but it was worth it!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom