cast and blast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Griff

Master Chef
Here's some pics from my annual hunting and fishing trip to Cold Bay, Alaska. We flew over three active volcanoe getting there from Anchorage.[attachment=8:1q7h70m8]g1 (Medium).JPG[/attachment:1q7h70m8]

Ptarmigan hunting on the tundra.[attachment=7:1q7h70m8]g2 (Medium).JPG[/attachment:1q7h70m8]

My son and his Lab, Vader, hunkered in the beach grass hunting geese on the Bering Sea.[attachment=6:1q7h70m8]g3 (Medium).JPG[/attachment:1q7h70m8]
More hunters in the beach grass.[attachment=0:1q7h70m8]g8 (Medium).JPG[/attachment:1q7h70m8]

Me with a silver salmon I caught on my fly rod.[attachment=5:1q7h70m8]g4a (Medium).JPG[/attachment:1q7h70m8]

My brother-in-law fileting some salmon we caught.[attachment=4:1q7h70m8]g4 (Medium).JPG[/attachment:1q7h70m8]

A grizzley we came across while goose hunting.[attachment=3:1q7h70m8]g5 (Medium).JPG[/attachment:1q7h70m8]

Another shot of my son and his dog.[attachment=2:1q7h70m8]g6 (Medium).JPG[/attachment:1q7h70m8]

Ducks and geese hanging in Bill's shed.[attachment=1:1q7h70m8]g7 (Medium).JPG[/attachment:1q7h70m8]

This is my favorite trip of the year since I got too old to hunt moose. Ducks and geese are much easier to pack out.

Doesn't that hurt the Geese when they're hanging by their necks? :mrgreen:

My father used to call beautiful places 'Gods Country', he would certainly have said that about your pic's Griff. You and your family are fortunate to live in such a beautiful, 'Natural' place. Simply beautiful! I'd give up walking to be you for a week! :LOL:

Nice trip Griff.
Goose loads must suck when a bear shows up. :LOL:
Those fillets were cut perfect....some good knife work there.
The cast and blast title caught my attention. The kayak guys here use the same term when river small mouth fishing, and goose shooting. The shotgun is mounted on the yak side with clips. Looks kind of wicked.

I also thought that you'd lost weight, but I decided to let Puff bring it
up.

BTW, for some strange reason, the pics of your annual getaway reaffirm
my faith in America.

Rag said:
Goose loads must suck when a bear shows up.

Rag, this has been a topic for many a drunken evening. What is the best bear protection. Personally, I'd rather have a 12 guage pump than a big rifle when the crap was in the fan and a big bear was coming fast. You just gotta wait until then get close, but you wouldn't want to shoot one until they were close anyway because they usually do a false charge.

Back
Top Bottom