Can I Defrost A turkey In A Cooler?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pigs On The Wing BBQ

Master Chef
Just wondering, I have shut down the big fridge in the garage and have no room in the fridge in the kitchen. Was just thinking I could chuck it in the cooler in the garage. It's about 40F in there.
Thanks

Pigs

Chris,

Throw some ice and cold water in the cooler and stick the bird in. Change out the ice/water about every hour and in 7 or so hours you should have a thawed bird, depending on the size of the bird.

I just throw it in the cooler and fill it up with water from a garden hose and shut the lid. Next day it will be fully thawed and still chilled. Now neva tried that trick in cold weather that I can recall. Might want to keep it in the house. That should work. Also does a great job on briskets and butts..picnics etc.

bigwheel

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
I did a case of frozen butts in the bath tub one time. Wife was NOT happy. :LOL:

Pigs

I bet the people that ate the butts would have been happy to know their BBQ was floating in water where your balls and ass get washed........that's the foulest damn thing I've ever heard of! :evil:

They were still vacuumed packed, and triple bagged in food service plastic bags. NO tub water ever touched any part of the butts. BTW, I did sanitize the tub before use. WTF, give me a little credit. NY State has some of the toughest health goons out here. I always passed 100% What health permits do you have? :roll:

Pigs

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
They were still vacuumed packed, and triple bagged in food service plastic bags. NO tub water ever touched any part of the butts. BTW, I did sanitize the tub before use. WTF, give me a little credit. NY State has some of the toughest health goons out here. I always passed 100% What health permits do you have? :roll:

Pigs

WHAT????? OMG YOU were selling these to the general public? That makes it better!!! :LOL:

Chris, I'm just yanking your chain!!! :roll:

Well dont know of anybody who would want to eat briskets soaked in scrotal/rectal water..except for Barney Frank maybe :shock:

bigwheel

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Pigs On The Wing BBQ":3fcim1n8]They were still vacuumed packed, and triple bagged in food service plastic bags. NO tub water ever touched any part of the butts. BTW, I did sanitize the tub before use. WTF, give me a little credit. NY State has some of the toughest health goons out here. I always passed 100% What health permits do you have? :roll:

Pigs

WHAT????? OMG YOU were selling these to the general public? That makes it better!!! :LOL:

Chris, I'm just yanking your chain!!! :roll:[/quote:3fcim1n8]
:shock:

Back
Top Bottom