Calling all Gulf coasters....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rag said:
It's okay guys, I just called FEMA.
Hang tight. :D
that's funny.. We were thinking about how much of a show it might be after it hits.... Politician wise....Monday morning quarterbacks...

007bond-jb said:
[quote="Kloset BBQR":9qc7ugkf]Batten down the hatches and be safe guys!

JB tell Mayor Nagin to use the school buses this time!

Best of luck to all you guys and keep us informed as to how you are doing while the electic is still working.

Nagin is a IDIOT.

I a big ass Genset to keep the BEER cold & the AC runnin, BR is 40ft above sea level. & over 100 miles from the coast all we get here is wind & rain.
Here In La rain is a common year round.

Thanks to all

SS You Better pay attention, You live ON the Coast.........[/quote:9qc7ugkf]JB you are right about Nagin being a idiot. But remember Blanco(Governor) was real weak herself. Remember when Bush called her on Friday night berfore Katrina and she told him she didn't need his help. She is a dumbass.

JB you are right about Nagin being a idiot. But remember Blanco(Governor) was real weak herself. Remember when Bush called her on Friday night berfore Katrina and she told him she didn't need his help. She is a dumbass.

thats it in a nut shell .

Riding the storm out , thats what i will be doing if that monster comes this way . vet with storms but i live just a bit further away and a bit above sea level now .

Fay was just a rain event here but this 1 looks like it will pack a punch.

atruckerswife said:
Stay safe.

Hubby was due to drive down there starting tomorrow but all the loads have been cancelled until further notice.

We have been having a helluva time getting outbound Florida freight covered...and we're at the end of the month! WAAAAH!!!

Greg Rempe said:
atruckerswife said:
Stay safe.

Hubby was due to drive down there starting tomorrow but all the loads have been cancelled until further notice.

We have been having a helluva time getting outbound Florida freight covered...and we're at the end of the month! WAAAAH!!!

WAAAAH!!! WTF did you loose your passifier BOY

Bought time a new Governor....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/atq5OoKIBkU&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/atq5OoKIBkU&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Man this is crazy.....

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://static.reuters.com/resources/flash/include_video.swf?edition=US&videoId=89687" width="422" height="346"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"><param name="movie" value="http://www.reuters.com/resources/flash/include_video.swf?edition=US&videoId=89687"><embed src="http://www.reuters.com/resources/flash/include_video.swf?edition=US&videoId=89687" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="422" height="346"></embed></object>

Uncle Bubba said:
Shit!! Here comes $5 gallon gas. Good luck guys. It's an election year so expect faster response this time.

Witt said he wants to put his order in for a 60" plasma for any looters. :shock: :roll:

Seriously, hope all make it safely to higher ground.
Dam I just got a 52 in LCD.....
Good luck SS

wittdog said:
Uncle Bubba said:
Shit!! Here comes $5 gallon gas. Good luck guys. It's an election year so expect faster response this time.

Witt said he wants to put his order in for a 60" plasma for any looters. :shock: :roll:

Seriously, hope all make it safely to higher ground.
Dam I just got a 52 in LCD.....
Good luck SS
You have to axe JB.. He lives closer to the sales... ;)

WTF! I leave Monday for Columbia SC and what do you know. Here comes Fay. 5 minutes after landing lightning struck the airport and shut it down, escalaters stopped, rent car computers stopped, the sky is black, a blond was stuck on the escalater for two hours before she was rescued. Then I drove the 4.5 hours to Apex NC the next day and WTF! Fay is there too. Flooded the place. Left there this morning and got home via Houston and what do you know, it's fricken raining again. Now I got orders to be ready to respond to the new one coming at us.

You coastal guys better hunker down or go. Leave early cause it will be a MAJOR traffic jam. I'm staying put and cooking something. I'm 110 miles inland.

The only highlight of the trip was trying to eat at the hotel. There was a knock down drag out fight in the kitchen between the chef and the manager, pots and pans clanging, dishes breaking, loud obscene language, and the chef bout knocked the door to the kitchen down leaving. Ate and drank free after that :D

ronbeaux50 said:
knock down drag out fight in the kitchen between the chef and the manager
Managers gotta learn that a good chef can find a job anywhere. A lot quicker than an out-of-work manager can. :roll:

Good luck down there, guys. It's not a friendly looking storm.

--John

Unity said:
ronbeaux50 said:
knock down drag out fight in the kitchen between the chef and the manager
Managers gotta learn that a good chef can find a job anywhere. A lot quicker than an out-of-work manager can. :roll:

Good luck down there, guys. It's not a friendly looking storm.

--John

:LOL: :LOL: Apparently the chef knows that too.
So, the stuck blonde that was rescued...how was she? :shock: :LOL:

I got plenty beer, food & fuel,
A 20kw main genset & 2 5.5kw backups.
I'll cover the ordeal FRESH,,, Out da can :LOL:
(I'll Video the Mutha ....... storm)

007bond-jb said:
I got plenty beer, food & fuel,
A 20kw main genset & 2 5.5kw backups.
I'll cover the ordeal FRESH,,, Out da can :LOL:
(I'll Video the Mutha ....... storm)

JB, if anybody could kick that storms ass, it's you! Good luck down there!
15.gif

Houston we have a problem ...Bigtime now...

We I wake up and Gustov went from 70 mph winds to 120 mph winds.. My Allstate agent burned my ass yesterday and if it hit Corpus I am going to give him a knuckle sandwich. Jackass didn't return my call 3 times.. Oh well.. They are rip offs anyway!!.. Here's the latest paths... Upper Texas coast or S.La aint lookin like the places to live right now.. I hope the white and purple aren't correct....

at200807_model.gif
:shock:

Every time I see a map of the Gulf, Cuba gets closer. What the hell is up with that. Hurricanes move islands?
Sapo, tie your insurance guy to your mailbox and let him ride out the storm from there. :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom