Cajun BBQ Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wittdog

Master Chef
We had a hankering for a low country boil…but didn’t have much in the way of motivation…we’ve been doing the Xmass decorating this weekend…so we went with some Cajun BBQed shrimp…we followed the directions and did it in the oven…..but it would have been much better on the grill….next time…

Try some jumbo shrimp, peeled and wrapped in bacon, baked in oven or smoked on smoker till shrimp are done and the bacon is cooked, with a garlic butter sauce.......as I heard somewhere......if you put one on top your head, your tongue will beat your brains out trying to get to it :shock:

P.S. That BBQ shrimp mix is some good stuff, hope you liked it.

I have done the NOLA BBQ Shrimp and it is good. Here is another I like.

Cajun BBQ Shrimp

3 lbs. lg. shrimp, heads on
1 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 tsp. liquid crab boil
2 lemons
1 orange
2 sticks margarine
6 cloves garlic, sliced
1 lg. onion, sliced
6 tbsp. salt

Slice lemon and orange. Melt margarine and add all ingredients except shrimp, and saute until tender. Remove from heat and cool. Pour over shrimp and marinate several hours. Bake in 425 degree oven until all shrimp are pink; turn frequently. Takes about 15 minutes. Serve with French bread, as an appetizer or main dish.

Notes: I omit the salt. I add sliced mushrooms and rough cut bell pepper. I also do it on the stove top sometimes. Sometimes, I leave out the orange and add another lemon. I also peel the shrimp.

Serves 6.

Back
Top Bottom