Buying a Bullet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tannehill Kid

Head Chef
I'm thinking about buying a weber bullet and have a couple of questions. Been reading on their web site and some of the people are posting they can get 16-18 hours on one load of charcoal.(Seems hard to beleive) Thought I would ask here because I think yall would shoot me straight. Second question is what are the negatives about the bullet.

you can easily get 20 plus hours in a single burn.

The only drawback is how stupid you will feel when you realized
how much time and money you wasted before you finally got it.

About the only draw back is sometimes and advantage…its size…it has a small footprint and is easily portable…but the only draw back is if you like to cook your ribs flat…space becomes an issue….as far as other stuff…it’s a butt and brisket cooking machine..

Pretty much just charcoal, maybe a thermometer if you like but not needed. It holds temps between 225-250 effortlessly.

Might want to pick up a larger water pan for extended cooks. Get the brinkman charcoal pan.

I've got two of them and you will not find a better cooker for the money, hands down, no argument, THE best BBQ cooker out there for under $300.

I'll bet if you took a survey of BBQ comp teams, the vast majority either do or have at one time owned a WSM.

Your gonna love it.

wittdog said:
Helen_Paradise said:
I -HATE- hate hated cleaning the water pan. After fussing with it for 1.5 years, I finally made the Piedmont pan http://www.bbq-4-u.com/forum/viewtopic. ... t=piedmont
I use sand..foil the pan..add the sand..and place some foil over the top...no clean up..just take the top foil off and your done ;)

I'm with Witt on this. If you choose to use sand then stay with the pan that it came with. Foil it, add the sand and put 3-4 layers of foil over that. Just tear off the dirty layer when youre done and its ready to go again. if you're gonna use lump then you might want to get the smaller Weber charcoal grate to add to the one you have. I forget the size but it fits inside the charcoal ring. turn it 90 degrees to the other so the smaller bits dont just fall through. Might have to give the legs a whack from time to time if the ash builds up.

Have fun

Amen to all the above (as you might have guessed from my avatar). Go with one of the waterless methods to eliminate the need to monitor the water pan during the cook (and deal with greasy water afterwards).

I like the WSM and yes to all of the above. You may want to get the eyelets for remote thermometer probes if you use that type of thermometer. I ordered two one for me and one for my friend who just bought a WSM and I found out last night that my eyelet bag was missing a couple of parts. I called Guru today but they are out so I left a message. I'm sure they will make it good. Also I called an ordered the eyelets because the shipping was going to cost almost as much as the part but he sent them priority mail which was much cheaper.

http://secure.thebbqguru.com/ProductCar ... roduct=136

I also use sand in the original pan. I made a Piedmont pan but have only used it once. I really haven't smoked anything for a while today was the first time I did a butt in a long time. You can also just about set it and forget it! I tweaked it about 4 or 5 times during today's 10 hour cook.

Back
Top Bottom