Buffalo-Rochester roadfood tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Unity

Executive Chef
You western New York guys are finally getting some recognition. :D

roadfoodbuff-roc.jpg

Michael and Jane Stern are leading other roadfoodies to the good places the week before Oinktoberfest. I can't make it up there for both. :(

--John
(Our New Orleans tour with them was sure memorable.)

I've eaten at all five of those places, and it looks like the only thing missing are the wheelbarrows to roll you back out to the bus! There are some serious high-flavor and high-volume meals to be consumed in one weekend.

I gotta say, Ive had better wings than the Anchor bar. Only ate there once, but was a bit disappointed.

Schwabl’s is a cool place to go…Its an old train car/Pullman? And they carve the beef right in front of you…you tell them how done you want it….But in my opinion they are overpriced….the Beef on Weck Place I like to go to is Steve’s Pig and Ox roast…they roast there meat on spits over charcoal…..and have great curly fries….and reasonably priced beers…..the other place that’s good is Charlie the Butcher…a long time ago when we lived on the East Side of Buffalo we would buy all are meats from Charlie’s Dads stand in the Broadway market….back when there were real butchers…

The Anchor is a tourist trap….it’s a place you have to go….but I think by far the locals prefer Duffs…or even there local bar/pizza joint makes a better wing then the Anchor….I resfuse to go to the Anchor they charge extra when you want to split an order of wings…for example if you order 50 wings and want 10 plain for the kids and 20 med for the wimps and 20 hot for the beer drinkers…they charge a lot more…..

Duffs is my place to go...the lunch special for me and the boys20 wings a basket of fries a pitcher of pop....under $20 I took Brian J to Duffs when he was up for Oink

I love the Roadfood site...I'm on it every day. I also interviewed the Sterns a couple of years ago....very nice people.

That trip looks like a real hoot...if anyone has the time and money, I bet
you'd love it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom