Bruschetta & ribs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

007bond-jb

Master Chef
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0q1X6pce3Vs&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0q1X6pce3Vs&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Looking good JB. Here's one for ya'll to try if ya like.

Bruschetta Style Salsa

3 cups or 3 cans diced tomatoes, undrained and minced in blender
2 large garlic cloves, minced
1/3 cup onion, minced
3 teaspoons dried basil
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon pickling salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 green onions, minced
3 tablespoons tomato paste

Drain tomatoes then combine with garlic, onion, basil, vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a large saucepan.
Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce heat and boil gently 5 minutes. Check consistency, you may need to simmer awhile longer.
Stir in green onions and tomato paste and boil one minute.

Ladle into hot sterilized jars to within 1/2 inch of top. Process in a hot water bath for 15 minutes for half pints. Makes approx. 4 cups.

To serve, spoon out onto sliced garlic bread, toasted, and top with your favorite cheese and broil until cheese is melted.

Note: Instead of regular tomatoes, may use 4 cans mild Rotel or Mexican Rotel, undrained and minced in blender. I also added 2 teaspoons of cumin to a batch with the Rotel.
I put this on garlic toast with the cheese added. Hmmmmmmmm hmmmmm

JB, I love you man.........but canned tomatoes???? You live in the South! You should have maters coming out of your ying yang by now and you opt for canned? BOY DAT AIN'T RIGHT!

Larry Wolfe said:
JB, I love you man.........but canned tomatoes???? You live in the South! You should have maters coming out of your ying yang by now and you opt for canned? BOY DAT AIN'T RIGHT!

Naw, naw, naw....they are Freah out of the can, boy. :LOL:

Larry Wolfe said:
Larry it took you this long to figure out JB ain't right :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom