Bruce, Puff, other MI people

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

allie

Sous Chef
Did you guys have bad weather last night?

I was just outside Flint at around 7:30-8 pm (not sure as it was a very stressful, eventful time period for me) and the tornado sirens were going off. There was a pretty bad thunderstorm with lots of downed trees and limbs in that area.

Hope you're all ok!!

We had a mediocre storm blow through here about 11:30pm last night....mostly just real heavy rain and some wind.

No damage around here that I'm aware of..still raining this morning. We are about 45 minutes south of Flint. Thanks for checking up on us...Greg would never do that. :LOL: :LOL:

It would be best for all involved ,if 4 simultaneous tsunamis (one emanating from each bordering Great Lake) were to occur and wipe that blotch off of the face of the globe....... :twisted:

No, no, you can't wipe Michigan off the face of the map unless you plan to hire Les or me to work in Ohio. Our living comes out of that state! lol Although after yesterday, I have no intentions of working with him again soon. Job that should have taken an hour or two from what we were told took about 8 hours, trailer came off the hitch and overturned, trying to uncover the Rug Doctor, case and a half of antifreeze, and water bottles in a driving rain (soaked to the skin in about a minute when it hit out of no where), tornado sirens going off at the same time, and finally arriving home at 11:30 pm after Les swerving all over the road in a successful attempt to miss hitting 3 deer. Sis-in-law picks up my kids only to get hit on the back driver's door by a deer where my son was sitting! Thankfully, no damage to the car or my kids........just some drool on the side from the deer. What a day!

Bruce, I'm glad it didn't get bad down your way. It was pretty rough driving between Flint and Lansing so I wasn't sure what areas got hit. Further south and in my area, we just got a little rain during the night and this morning.

((((((((((((((((((Allie))))))))))))))))))))))))

wish I was there to buy you a pound of chocolate and send you to a spa for the day. Wow stressful indeed.

allie said:
No, no, you can't wipe Michigan off the face of the map unless you plan to hire Les or me to work in Ohio. Our living comes out of that state! lol Although after yesterday, I have no intentions of working with him again soon. Job that should have taken an hour or two from what we were told took about 8 hours, trailer came off the hitch and overturned, trying to uncover the Rug Doctor, case and a half of antifreeze, and water bottles in a driving rain (soaked to the skin in about a minute when it hit out of no where), tornado sirens going off at the same time, and finally arriving home at 11:30 pm after Les swerving all over the road in a successful attempt to miss hitting 3 deer. Sis-in-law picks up my kids only to get hit on the back driver's door by a deer where my son was sitting! Thankfully, no damage to the car or my kids........just some drool on the side from the deer. What a day!

Bruce, I'm glad it didn't get bad down your way. It was pretty rough driving between Flint and Lansing so I wasn't sure what areas got hit. Further south and in my area, we just got a little rain during the night and this morning.

Dang girl. That is a bad day. Here is a
4.gif
for ya.

Thanks Diva and Bill! I'm sure from the storm damage we saw, there are some people there who had a worse time than we did. Looking back today, I can laugh and think that most people probably think there is no way all that happened. I'm sure I'd have a hard time believing it all if it hadn't happened to me! If they remember to email the pics I took of the trailer before we left it, I'll post them. I didn't have my camera with me so used Les's brother's. They were going back up today to try and get it all picked up and hauled home.

Can you believe the trailer was stolen? Les's brother went back yesterday with a flatbed so he could haul it home and try to fix the bent axle and hub and the bent hitch. It was gone! However, they did leave all the trash that was up under it where it overturned. LOL Some people would steal anything! Good thing we got the "good" stuff off of it before we left.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom