Bringing your own..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john pen

Master Chef
Does anybody else bring stuff from there kitchen when they go away ? As Im heading down to camp, Im stocking my "tool box" with thermometers, my fav big flipper, my fav knife and some good fresh essental seasonings...

Oh boy. I keep a few of those Rubbermaid totes in the van with all the catering jazz and I also keep one in the garage for cooking outdoors here at the house. I generally don't like to take "tools" from the kitchen as when I want them in the kitchen I can't find them! :LOL:

May be odd, but some of my best knifes have come for the dollar store. :oops: I first bought some to keep as emergency knifes. (when I left all my knifes in the sink and went to a pig roast) :shock: They hold a edge better than some of the big dollar knifes I have. :roll: Go figure.

D.Harris said:
When I know that I will be cooking, yes, I do bring some of my stuff. I recently bought a set of knives from Sam's Club for about 25.00. They are the white plastic handle resteraunt variety. I can't stand using dull knives and hate to take my good ones. Most people don't know how to take care of a knife properly. I keep the cheaper knives sharp, as if they were my better set. Thanks for letting me vent.
Would you reccomend the Sam's knives? I've looked at them several times but didn't want to waste any money. I too cheap for that. ;)

Back
Top Bottom