Breakfast Sausage - Page 2 - BBQ Central

Go Back   BBQ Central > Corporate Administration > General (Non-BBQ) Discussion
Click Here to Login

Old 10-29-2006, 02:25 PM   #21
Wizard of Que

Quote:
So if you find yourself up all hours of the night with bbq and sausage on your mind, dont think twice and get here so we can feed your addiction.
I wasn't aware that I'm a Pusher

DATsBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 03:02 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckwagoncook
Sorry Nick, forgot to let you know that sausage looked good, only problem is, now you havesd been bitten by yet another bug. Once by the bbq bug, and now by the sausage making bug, which if left untreated, will rapidly spread to the meat curing bug. If you dont get it stopped there, thedn theres no chance for you, no none cure to man kind for all of the above symptoms.

Dont worry we are all hear for you, we are kinda like a hospice and AA all balled up in one. So if you find yourself up all hours of the night with bbq and sausage on your mind, dont think twice and get here so we can feed your addiction. Or we cqan curb that addicction with some often out of control humor on here too!!

Its gewtting close to my favortie time of year and that butchering. Cant wait to make bacon and all different types of sausage. Im dying for some nice 1.5" thick porkchops. Hopefully we can get a steer butchered this year, my uncle said he thinks he has one for us, they had someone else talking about backing out, so I told him I was definetly interested. If that happens Im gonna have the chest freezer plumb full of MEAT!! Gonna be NO room for the veggies....LOL
Chuckwagon..u are right...my guess is the curing will start soon...for our pal Nick....he'll have the cure to make smoked sausage..and then think...hmmm..I can make Canadian bacon, or bacon, or Ham....or corned beef.....

I get more sauced then my Ribs

My Bark is as good as my Bite!

Swine so fine it's Criminal

Never trust a skinny cook!!!!!!!!
wittdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 03:36 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by wittdog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckwagoncook
Sorry Nick, forgot to let you know that sausage looked good, only problem is, now you havesd been bitten by yet another bug. Once by the bbq bug, and now by the sausage making bug, which if left untreated, will rapidly spread to the meat curing bug. If you dont get it stopped there, thedn theres no chance for you, no none cure to man kind for all of the above symptoms.

Dont worry we are all hear for you, we are kinda like a hospice and AA all balled up in one. So if you find yourself up all hours of the night with bbq and sausage on your mind, dont think twice and get here so we can feed your addiction. Or we cqan curb that addicction with some often out of control humor on here too!!

Its gewtting close to my favortie time of year and that butchering. Cant wait to make bacon and all different types of sausage. Im dying for some nice 1.5" thick porkchops. Hopefully we can get a steer butchered this year, my uncle said he thinks he has one for us, they had someone else talking about backing out, so I told him I was definetly interested. If that happens Im gonna have the chest freezer plumb full of MEAT!! Gonna be NO room for the veggies....LOL
Chuckwagon..u are right...my guess is the curing will start soon...for our pal Nick....he'll have the cure to make smoked sausage..and then think...hmmm..I can make Canadian bacon, or bacon, or Ham....or corned beef.....
Easy fellows, easy. I already made buckboard bacon and that might have been what started this.
Old 10-29-2006, 04:54 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan
(Cappy fights the urge to get into another line of cooking requiring spending money on equipment he can't fit into his kitchen......fighting....
fighting......)
Cap'n, Brian, we gotta start going to the 12 step meetings--I have the same cravings.

Griff

"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would do them harm."
George Orwell
Griff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 07:58 PM   #25

I think we might need a sausage section soon! Greg???????
Old 10-29-2006, 09:05 PM   #26
Official BBQ Central Mark

Well if you want to copy store bought breakfast sausage. Try Owens sometime. It will make you chunk rocks at Jimmy Dean. I saying this even though Jimmy Dean was my Mama's Boyfriend. It aint got enough fat to make good sausage. I'm sorry. Fat is where the flavor is at. Thats whut Joe Ames always say anyway.

bigwheel
bigwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 07:06 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan
(Cappy fights the urge to get into another line of cooking requiring spending money on equipment he can't fit into his kitchen......fighting....
fighting......)
Cap'n, Brian, we gotta start going to the 12 step meetings--I have the same cravings.

Griff
If I had a wife, she'd kill me.
Old 10-30-2006, 12:25 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwheel
Well if you want to copy store bought breakfast sausage. Try Owens sometime. It will make you chunk rocks at Jimmy Dean. I saying this even though Jimmy Dean was my Mama's Boyfriend. It aint got enough fat to make good sausage. I'm sorry. Fat is where the flavor is at. Thats whut Joe Ames always say anyway.

bigwheel
I didn't say I wanted to copy JD. I just said they tasted just like JD. And yeah, thin is in, but fat is where it's at!