Breakfast is Served - Pics & Video

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

surfinsapo

Master Chef
Well, I trimmed that chunk of Pork and skinned it too..
I got a big piece of chicharone to make Craklins aka
Chicharones.. I put slapp mama on it with salt. Very tasty
breakfast today.. Bubba, Life is good when you don't have to
work...Right Greg? Where are you?

Short Video

Short Video

Very nice job on the cracklings....next time I got me some Pork Skin I think I'm going to smoke it for a little while and then make cracklings out of it...

wittdog said:
Very nice job on the cracklings....next time I got me some Pork Skin I think I'm going to smoke it for a little while and then make cracklings out of it...
Man, they were killer with that "slap Yer mama" and salt on them.. I ate the whole thing...My dogs got pissed... :shock:

You added salt to the Slap your Mama? Dam man.....That slap your mama is good real good but it's got enough salt for my taste....JB tole me don't and no salt to that cajun stuff I sent ya. :D

I knew I should have been a cardiologist.
4.gif

wittdog said:
You added salt to the Slap your Mama? Dam man.....That slap your mama is good real good but it's got enough salt for my taste....JB tole me don't and no salt to that cajun stuff I sent ya. :D
Oh well...too late now...He He He...and Bruce.. I let them drain on a metal pan before I ate them... [smilie=lol_xtreme.gif]

Looks good but not for me.
lol
That's a crunchy heart attack boy!

It's a delicasy.... I don't eat them everyday... The Taquerias serve then as tacos with eggs every morning though.... :shock:

ScottyDaQ said:
Looks great so far ! The last Chicharone I had was as big as my head !
Ha Ha.. I know.. The ones at the mexican meat markets are gigantic.. like 2 feet by 2 feet...Crazy....

surfinsapo said:
ScottyDaQ said:
Looks great so far ! The last Chicharone I had was as big as my head !
Ha Ha.. I know.. The ones at the mexican meat markets are gigantic.. like 2 feet by 2 feet...Crazy....

Yup... Found some in the "ethnic" section in a grocery store when we were visiting my parents (Trekr on this board) in Naples, FL.

Cracklins be one of my fa-vo-rite treats! :D Nicely done!!!!!! they looked delicious!!!!

Ifun ya want to be eating healthy.........just drop a handfull in the food processor and hit the chop button a few times..........then sprinkle em over yer fresh green salad! That makes them instant health food!

Back
Top Bottom