books came today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wittdog

Master Chef
I just recieved my copies of Peace Love and BBQ, and Mastering the Craft of Smoking Food. I can't wait to check them out. it will give me something to read at work tonigh.

I got them both online an they cost the same for both as I would have payed for Peace love and BBQ....

Nick Prochilo said:
I got 2 books the other day also. Home Sausage Making & Charcuterie. Can't wait to get started.

Nick the book you need to get is by Rytek Kutas. It covers everything. The book is in it's 3rd printing. I'll check the title of it if you want. I think I mentioned it in another post. Let me know about the Charcuterie book I think I looked at it once and thoght it may be a little to gourmet for me. Let me know how those books are. The title for that Kutas book is Great Sausage Recipies and Meat Curing. It's where I got the bacon recipes I posted, it also has a ton of old world sausage recipes.

wittdog said:
Nick Prochilo said:
I got 2 books the other day also. Home Sausage Making & Charcuterie. Can't wait to get started.

Nick the book you need to get is by Rytek Kutas. It covers everything. The book is in it's 3rd printing. I'll check the title of it if you want. I think I mentioned it in another post. Let me know about the Charcuterie book I think I looked at it once and thoght it may be a little to gourmet for me. Let me know how those books are. The title for that Kutas book is Great Sausage Recipies and Meat Curing. It's where I got the bacon recipes I posted, it also has a ton of old world sausage recipes.

Thanks dog, I'll let you know about this book. I'm also gonna look into the one you recomended.

Bryan S said:
I'll second the the book by Rytek. If you make sausage it's a must have. I've had my copy for atleast 15 years and still enjoy reading it. :D
Another really good book is Dr. BBQ's Big-Time Barbeque Cookbook. I like it way better than Smoke & Spice. He also has a new one coming out in May that i'll be picking up. =D>
I have to agree with you Bryan about the Dr. BBQ Big Time Cookbook. I really enjoyed reading it. The peace love and BBQ book is a pretty good read but short on recipes like someone else wrote. Let me know when the new Dr.BBQ book comes out.The other curing book is a good accompaniment to Ryteks book, it has a few different recipes and has the recipes broken down for smaller batches of product. Which is a nice feature. I haven’t’ had much time to read it but I have skimmed it and plan on trying the smoked egg recipe. It sounds good but if you do it wrong the eggs explode or implode. Nothing like high stakes BBQ.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom