Bobby Flay throwdown with Ed Mitchell in Raleigh--Ribs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Captain Morgan

Chef Extraordinaire
Bobby Flay Throwdown in Raleigh
Bobby Flay came to Raleigh Friday and challenged Ed Mitchell of the Pit in Raleigh to a Rib Throwdown. There was an article about it in todays paper. The show will air later this spring during grill week on Food TV. It appeared that a good time was had by all.

The challenge in Virginia was his pulled pork challenge against the Wood Chicks. And he got beat.....real bad like. I knew as soon as he opened his smoker that he was done against their product.

So if that was any indication, his rib challenge against Ed Mitchell is already in the bag. But it will be interesting none the less!!!

Yeah, Lee Ann sure showed him a thing or two....Not that being shown a thing or two is anything new to him. :roll: :LOL:

I just don't get how he thinks that chile's and lazy techniques will beat out tradition....and win over a traditional crowd. :roll:

anytime he goes up against someone who's money depends on their reputation, he loses.

If they don't need a pr boost to survive, he wins.

just sayin..

I don't know Cappy, Lee Ann doesn't need the money and she stomped him pretty good. And I've seen him loose to no names in other throw downs. Hell, the first one I saw with him and Butch doing ribs he lost to Butch who definately doesn't need his help.

Just my .02

They used Greg from Jersey's small Klose Mobile and Greg made an appearance on the show with Leann. I spoke with him afterwards and he said Bobby was actually very cool and was interested in learning how the pit functions. The show is actually to promote the people doing the challenges...not Bobby.

ScottyDaQ said:
Yeah, Lee Ann sure showed him a thing or two....Not that being shown a thing or two is anything new to him. :roll: :LOL:

I just don't get how he thinks that chile's and lazy techniques will beat out tradition....and win over a traditional crowd. :roll:

LeAnn could show me a thing or two and beat me...I wouldn't care. :LOL: :LOL:

Bruce B said:
ScottyDaQ said:

LeAnn could show me a thing or two and beat me...I wouldn't care. :LOL: :LOL:

:shock: You're a dirty old man!

That's what I like about you.

Uncle Bubba said:
They used Greg from Jersey's small Klose Mobile and Greg made an appearance on the show with Leann. I spoke with him afterwards and he said Bobby was actually very cool and was interested in learning how the pit functions. The show is actually to promote the people doing the challenges...not Bobby.

That sounds like an accurate depiction of the events since Bobby cooked the pork in the oven and presented it in the Klose. Maybe this time he'll actually fire up the pit. I wonder if he'll use a mustared based sauce again?

Diva Q said:
I would love the chance to be in a throwdown with Bobby Flay. That would be cool.

Diva, maybe you could challenge him to a Krispy Kreme Fatty throwdown!

I'd love to see how he'd attack that challenge! :LOL:

Kloset BBQR said:
[quote="Diva Q":1mwg0r7l]I would love the chance to be in a throwdown with Bobby Flay. That would be cool.

I'd love to see how he'd attack that challenge! :LOL:[/quote:1mwg0r7l]

roflmao

Diva Q said:
[quote="Kloset BBQR":ub71l0tp][quote="Diva Q":ub71l0tp]I would love the chance to be in a throwdown with Bobby Flay. That would be cool.

I'd love to see how he'd attack that challenge! :LOL:[/quote:ub71l0tp]

roflmao[/quote:ub71l0tp]
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

--John
(Go ahead, give him a call!)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom