Black Bean-Hominy Chili

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bbquzz

Master Chef
With the forecast for 32° and snow tomorrow I thought chili was in order. This is one I don't think I have posted, it is one of our favorites, almost can't believe it doesn't have meat in it.

Ingredients:
1 quart good quality vegetable broth
1 can (14.5 ounces) petite-diced tomatoes
1 generous Tb. vegetable oil
1 medium-large onion, cut into medium dice
2 bell pepper, color choice is yours, cut into medium dice (I use 1 red, 1 green)
3 tablespoons chili powder
1 teaspoon each ground cumin and oregano
2 cans (15.5 ounces each) drained black beans
2 cans (15.5 ounces each) drained hominy
3 large garlic cloves, minced
2 ounce bittersweet chocolate
1/4 cup of chopped fresh cilantro

Directions:
1. Microwave broth and tomatoes in a microwave-safe container on high power until steamy hot, about 5 minutes.

2. Meanwhile, heat oil in a Dutch oven or small soup kettle over medium-high heat. Add onions and peppers; sauté until soft and golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add chili powder, cumin and oregano: sauté until fragrant, a minute or so. Add beans and hominy along with hot broth mixture. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to low and simmer, partially covered, until vegetables are tender and flavors have blended, about 20 minutes. Stir in garlic, chocolate and cilantro; simmer a couple of minutes to blend flavors. Turn off heat and let stand a few minutes if there's time. Adjust seasonings and serve.

Attachments

• IMG_0352.jpg
    IMG_0352.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG_0355.jpg
    IMG_0355.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_0356.jpg
    IMG_0356.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 235
Great looking chili Buzz!!! Only problem here is that is hasn't been chili weather here for a while!! Gonna save the recipe still, thanks for sharing!

Back
Top Bottom