"Best In Smoke" (food network)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am going to be interviewing one of the contestants tonight on my show. Chris Hart of I-Que (2009 Grand Champ of the Jack) will be on around 9:14pm EST tonight talking about the show. www.thebbqcentralshow.com He will be on around 9:14pm EST

Anyone else watch this last night?

For those that haven't (dvr guys) I'm not going to spoil anything but it was done like the other recent contest shows on food network. My wife likes the cake battles and cupcake battle shows and those they are doing a lot of work and building, decorating etc. This show had about 5mins of show then 5mins of commercials for the whole show! It was annoying as all hell! The only part that wasn't 5min long was the beginning when they introduced everyone and the end when they eliminated someone. I have it on dvr but I don't think it was more than 8mins long each. I'd have to watch it again to confirm that though I really don't want it. Overall another BOOOOOOOOOOO!

Haven't had a chance to watch it, but DVRed on my computer and just edited the commercials out, total show time sans commercials 42 minutes, the same as most 60 minute network shows. In a quick run through I saw meat, smoke, grills and Chris Lilly I can't believe there won't me something in there I like, but my standards are pretty low Pigs :D

small cast of bbq cooks....no real personalities out of it. Gonna be hard to get interested in it. To much contest fluff and not enough real bbq action. I want to see the smokers , the techniques and some personality

I'd like to see a show about real BBQ...not trying to cook ribs in 3hrs or cook some other ********. The only judge that knows what's going on is Amy Mills. I'd like to see a show where you give the competitors grades of meat are accessible to everyone. Forget the Wagu briskets and the Berkshire pork, organic free range kosher chicken. Give them a 50gl drum cut in half and see who can really cook. Shows like this that advertise as a BBQ cook off piss me off....Braising is just a fancy name for par boiling or rib soup.

That's a great idea wittdog. Hence why it will never be on tv....because it's just that...A GREAT IDEA AND THE WAY THIS SHOULD BE DONE!

Back
Top Bottom