Best Homemade Chili Yet 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cookking

Sous Chef
In Case you missed reading in another thread someone sent me a PM the other day asking me for my recipe for my Homemade Chili. I happened to mention this to my wife because I have never written my recipe down and she said that she was thinking about my chili as well. Well, this set off an ahnvie in me for some myself and so of course I had to make a batch.
So, yesterday morning I made about 2 1/2 gallons for eating during the week.
And so tonight was the night for chili and I wish it was a little cooler than it is but it's good no matter the temperature outside. I tasted it yesterday and it was good but I thought it could use a little more heat.
Tonight I thought I was going to have to add a splash or two or ten of Tabasco Sauce but when I took the first couple of bites I remembered that I had put two sliced large jalapeno peppers in there. It wasn't so hot that you couldn't eat it but just right. Actually it is probably the best pot of homemade chili I've made to date and I have made a lot of chili over my lifetime. Damn! That is some delicious chili!!!
I was ready to add some Tabasco Sauce if it needed it!
img_256992_0_c4dbd1818030178989d57be7b7bbcd83.jpg

Gotta have a cold beer with a bowl of chili right?
img_256992_1_662da998e87882008af16ff61faf1601.jpg

Have to have as my oldest daughter used to call them when she was a child "Praltines". Lol.... Premiun Saltine crackers.
img_256992_2_7c79de92dd69d2e2101f0c19dd333be5.jpg

That is a good hearty looking chili!! It would take me a lifetime to finish that bottle of Tabasco sauce.

Looks appetite pleasing to me. Kindly cut the white stuff on my big bowl or two. I think we put that on baked tates when the Hidden Ranch Dressing runs out seems like. Thanks.

Looks good, for myself I would skip the sour cream and switch to Ritz crackers then bury my face in the bowl and eat my way out. OK, I may have had some vodka tonight but that goes well with chili right?

I'll post the recipe. I had to remember all the ingredients and still hav eto write the directions. Been busy.

Looks Xcellent, however, Try Fritos and fresh chopped Onion some time...Odds are you will never go back to saltines or Ritz....jus sayin...
dj

Now at my Crib real chili or a reasonable facsimile thereof deserves to be made into a finished product such as Enchiladas..or Frito Chili Pie with a bunch of grated cheese and chopped raw onyawns..yum yum. Chili dawgs..Tamale toppers etc. That stuff is a little too rich to just sit down and eat it straight..but I know some folks like it like that. Just aint never been one of em..lol.

Back
Top Bottom