Best ever Gumbo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There is a thin line between soup and gumbo, but when you cross it, you will never forget it. Right coon asses?????

Rag said:
I doubt I'll be given any breaks here........
Enjoy

* Exported for MasterCook 4 by Living Cookbook *

Crawfish, Andouille & File' Gumbo

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
3/4 cup veg oil
3/4 cup flour
2 cups green pepper, chopped
2 cups onion, chopped
1/2 cup scallion tops chopped
2 Tbs parsley, chopped
5 cloves garlic , minced
2 cups okra, sliced
3/4 pound andouille sausages
1/2 pound ham, diced
10 dashes Chipolte Tabasco
1 1/2 tps Worcestershire sauce
1 tps crystal hot sauce
1/2 tps salt
3/4 tps black pepper
1 tps file powder (add more if needed)
1/4 tps cayenne
1/8 tps ground bay leaf
1/2 tps garlic powder
1 tps thyme
1/2 tps basil, dried
3 cans chicken broth
2 pound crawfish tails
brown rice
arrowroot

1. Make dark tan roux with oil and flour.
Add to the roux the
onion, green pepper, scallions, parsley, garlic and okra.
Cook for 15
minutes and then add the chicken broth slowly while stirring.
Add
andouille and ham, bring back up to temp. Add Tabasco, salt, black pepper,
cayenne, bay leaf, file' and garlic powder.
Simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
Add
crawfish, thyme and basil for the last 30 minutes.
Thicken with arrowroot.
Serve over brown rice.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A personal "signiture Dish" from a recipe site???? you didn't " make it "your own"?? not even a comment about.. there was too much salt so I reduced it... I added XXX cause that made it taste better?? whoaa is me!!! and no picture .. a bit dicey, if you ask me you're like that chick on TV that is boffing the AG of NY the Como character..." Semi Home made " ya need to step up to the plate, and wear your big girl panties in the kitchen, and CREATE sumptin, not copy a recipe :shock:

Bobberqer said:
Rag said:
I doubt I'll be given any breaks here........
Enjoy

* Exported for MasterCook 4 by Living Cookbook *

Crawfish, Andouille & File' Gumbo

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
3/4 cup veg oil
3/4 cup flour
2 cups onion, chopped
2 Tbs parsley, chopped
5 cloves garlic , minced
2 cups okra, sliced
1/2 pound ham, diced
10 dashes Chipolte Tabasco
1 tps crystal hot sauce
1/2 tps salt
3/4 tps black pepper
1 tps file powder (add more if needed)
1/4 tps cayenne
1/8 tps ground bay leaf
1/2 tps garlic powder
1 tps thyme
1/2 tps basil, dried
3 cans chicken broth
2 pound crawfish tails
brown rice
arrowroot

1. Make dark tan roux with oil and flour.
Add to the roux the
onion, green pepper, scallions, parsley, garlic and okra.
Cook for 15
minutes and then add the chicken broth slowly while stirring.
Add
andouille and ham, bring back up to temp. Add Tabasco, salt, black pepper,
cayenne, bay leaf, file' and garlic powder.
Simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
Add
crawfish, thyme and basil for the last 30 minutes.
Thicken with arrowroot.
Serve over brown rice.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A personal "signiture Dish" from a recipe site???? you didn't " make it "your own"?? not even a comment about.. there was too much salt so I reduced it... I added XXX cause that made it taste better?? whoaa is me!!! and no picture .. a bit dicey, if you ask me you're like that chick on TV that is boffing the AG of NY the Como character..." Semi Home made " ya need to step up to the plate, and wear your big girl panties in the kitchen, and CREATE sumptin, not copy a recipe :shock:

DAMN well said.... and does posting the ingredients of something help with the fact it was never made?

I had to laugh at it when I read it too... 20 years spent making Gumbo in his own kitchen and
he has worked so hard to boil it down to someone else's recipe..
"HIS" signature dish............AHAHAHHAH... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

20 FUCKING YEARS!!!!!!!

That recipe doen't match the ingredients in the pot. I see celery, and shrimp in the pot but the recipe calls for scallion tops and crawfish.

FAKE! I say!!!! ;)

Al

Wow, big time detectives here. Think you found something unsavory here. The recipe IS MINE. It is printed here from a software storage program that I purchased some years ago to keep my $hit in order.
Uncle Al, did you see a picture of my gumbo? That's what the bitchin about you dope; no pic.
I think that may be the last recipe I will post here.

Rag said:
Wow, big time detectives here. Think you found something unsavory here. The recipe IS MINE. It is printed here from a software storage program that I purchased some years ago to keep my $hit in order.
Uncle Al, did you see a picture of my gumbo? That's what the bitchin about you dope; no pic.
I think that may be the last recipe I will post here.

Yours? Unless you write recipes for Betty Crocker...a few wordings in your list do not much match
your general mannerisms and talk.

3/4 cup veg oil
3/4 cup flour
2 cups onion, chopped
2 Tbs parsley, chopped
5 cloves garlic , minced
2 cups okra, sliced
1/2 pound ham, diced
10 dashes Chipolte Tabasco ...dashes?
1 tps crystal hot sauce ...Had to add that brand Name CRYSTAL huh? Me thinks Crystal might have been a sponsor of the cookbook this came from
1/2 tps salt
3/4 tps black pepper
1 tps file powder (add more if needed)...if needed?...your recipe..who else would know?
1/4 tps cayenne
1/8 tps ground bay leaf
1/2 tps garlic powder
1 tps thyme
1/2 tps basil, dried
3 cans chicken broth
2 pound crawfish tails
brown rice
arrowroot

Never post a recipe again huh? NOOOOOOO :shock: :shock: :shock:
Red flags all over this one Rag ole boy
You constantly bust balls on here just like everyone else...fun is fun
But when someone gives it back to you....you wind your panties up in a bunch and start raggin it
Suck it up
I don't have spare time to do a lot of special cooking lately and take pictures...
but at least I don't make up fantasies stories about doing it

NO PIC = NO COOK period. So it's written, so it's law... hahahahah :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Uncle Al said:
That recipe doen't match the ingredients in the pot. I see celery, and shrimp in the pot but the recipe calls for scallion tops and crawfish.

FAKE! I say!!!! ;)

Al

You SEE celery?.... good eye my friend..all I see is Okra.
I did put some celery in there, very little, but I can't see it in the picture.
Anyhow... that was a picture of something I made just to show MY runny poop

Well I aint really figgerd out the pros and cons of the pissing contest..but noticed right off the bat the okry did not get itself deslimed. Justeen is most likely spinning in his grave on this deal. Now Crystal Hot sauce is very good. It actually hard to find a Caynenne based sauce which aint tasty cept for Texas Pete. That garbage is made in the ghettos of Cleveland I think. Would flat gag a gut wagon maggot. I'm voting for a class action law suit to make em take the good name of Texas off the label. Why can't that call it Ohiya Pete or something like that?

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Well I aint really figgerd out the pros and cons of the pissing contest..but noticed right off the bat the okry did not get itself deslimed. Justeen is most likely spinning in his grave on this deal. Now Crystal Hot sauce is very good. It actually hard to find a Caynenne based sauce which aint tasty cept for Texas Pete. That garbage is made in the ghettos of Cleveland I think. Would flat gag a gut wagon maggot. I'm voting for a class action law suit to make em take the good name of Texas off the label. Why can't that call it Ohiya Pete or something like that?

bigwheel

I've been told to lightly fry the Okra in oil before adding it. I have yet to try it. Does it really
make that much of a difference? Is that only for people that hate the sliminess of Okra, or does
it actually change the flavor too? Is there more then one way to de-slime Okry?

"Would flat gag a gut wagon maggot"... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: good saying!

Well the only way I know how to deslime it is like the older lady from the Baptist Church tell me how to do it. You dump it into a dry skillet and light a medium fire let it chuckle away while giving it an occasional flip and scrape of the bottom with an egg turner. It will start dripping snot and slime all over the skillet and if your using cast iron will make some brown stuff stick on the bottom. When it quits running snot its deslimed. Maybe take about 10-15 mins browned up justa little but not much. This applies to either frozen or fresh slices. No need to thaw. Makes all the difference in the world.

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom