Best 7 bucks I ever spent...it's almost summer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Boy does that look great!

I love summer! Acutally any season other than winter!

Anyone taking bets on how long before we're complaining about the heat! :LOL:

It's pretty damn hot right now ******!

:LOL:

gonna grill the corn and some squash, fry the okra and the rest of the squash...tomatos will probably just go in soggy mater sandwiches, my first sign that summer has arrived.

The corn isn't really from here...it's from south Georgia, but
she said it's pretty sweet, and she said she'd have silverqueen
in about 2 weeks!

I wish we could get fresh veggies up here this time of the year.
I wish I was at Cappy's house eating those.

It's always summer here when it comes to fruits & veges.

img_152034_0_2685011207b2193fabb8f061c344b9ed.jpg

img_152034_1_fb3108361b3276f0f80faa1e2c271090.jpg

img_152034_2_21ca60c6c00118b49eec8cb3d1de4ca2.jpg

ronbeaux50 said:
Nice score!!! My plants are full of baby veggies right now and I'm on constant bird patrol.
Ron, might sound funny, but it worked on the farm for years. My grandmother had a old am radio she would put under a milk crate and cover it with plastic. She had it tuned to a 24-7 talk radio show. Kept the rabbits and chucks out too.

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
ronbeaux50 said:
Nice score!!! My plants are full of baby veggies right now and I'm on constant bird patrol.
Ron, might sound funny, but it worked on the farm for years. My grandmother had a old am radio she would put under a milk crate and cover it with plastic. She had it tuned to a 24-7 talk radio show. Kept the rabbits and chucks out too.

Plant Brussel sprouts....keeps everything out includin me.

John that looks just like the farmers markets around here, (the building framing) Our fig tree is full of green figs now, we should have bushles of figs soon as they ripen

It's the produce/fruit section of a very large flea market. We have a good sized farmers market but the stuff at the flea market seems to be fresher.

Back
Top Bottom