Been busy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dollarbill

Head Chef
I haven't been around here lately cause this year has been a stressed out money spending fest. First I ordered a new trailer outta Salt Lake, then a week later I ordered an FEC-100. I had to borrow a buddies truck to tow the trailer back to Denver and find a truck in the meantime to tow it to North Platte NB for a comp. Turns out I found a truck just a few days before North Platte. I got 10th pork there and 9th overall (thanks to all here!!!!)...woooo hooooo!!!!! After all that, for Fathers day my wife/kids bought me a Coleman 13,500btu power saver A/C unit for the trailer. Now, i'm not tryin to sit here and brag about my spending spree. just please be warned that if you are a newbie to this and you get hooked/ or a call to the stage this could happen to you. I have learned pretty much everything I know right here on this forum. I do not hang out on other forums. I'm not against it, I just personally do not. Once again everything I have learned, all the questions i've had were answered here. Ok i'll land my plane now. This place could drive you right into debt!....even if you were/are already there. :D :D

img_221731_0_203b9146dd19f20c30b7e1338d4897d2.jpg

img_221731_1_bc1986f1a8d558bef7ef9715f71e4f74.jpg

img_221731_2_5e4d12c51bb3f4484c4124a7b83ac6cb.jpg

I still have to hang FRP all over the inside of the trailer. I insulated the inside. Ill post pics when thats all done. :roll: :D

Dang Buck looks like you getting fixed up here. Best of fortunes on the cooking trail (paraphrasing IBCA Lynn:).

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Dang Buck looks like you getting fixed up here. Best of fortunes on the cooking trail (paraphrasing IBCA Lynn:).

bigwheel

Doesn't necesarily (however its spelled) mean I can afford to compete anymore... :|

bbquzz said:
I love that trailer DB. I know what you mean about spending, BBQ is a license to spend more money :LOL:

thanks bbquzz. We don't have this kinda money trust me. This was a stab at doin better at comps. and catering gigs. (hope that catches up) . Never the less, part of a hobby. :D

Well the usual strategy seems to be to gather a few dust collectors to establish some braggin rights then start hammering the catering like a house on fire if thats the direction you want to go. Some start writing how to books..putting on schools..peddling rubs sauces etc. Will agree the comp aspect is a hobby for either a rich person or somebody who cooks a lot and wins a lot which are most times all synonymous. Now if you start catering you want to quit the comp cuz if you dont win each time it make the customers think you got crappy food. Least that whut the fella who owned a coupla bbq restaurants tole me one time.

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom