BBQrs in exile... - Page 3 - BBQ Central

Go Back   BBQ Central > Corporate Administration > General (Non-BBQ) Discussion
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-31-2006, 01:18 PM   #41
Official BBQ Central Mark
 
Bruce B's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Utica, MI
Posts: 6,758
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasBlakeWFO
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasBlakeWFO
I'm pretty sure that both of you would be banned from any forum in which abusive words were said about the administrator in PMs.
I don't know about anyone else but, I have a major problem with anyone reading Private Messages. They're called PRIVATE for a reason. :-X :-X
All mesages on TexasBBQRub forum are property of Real Texas BBQ Rub Inc. Both public and private. Just like any email service. If anyone has a problem with that, they can take it to the court system.

I don't read private messages. I run a number of MySQL queries that look for harsh communication every few weeks. There is no harsh treatment allowed on TexasBBQRub forums, both private and public. Especially when you call the administrator a prick.
You might be right, but here we just say it right up front. As a moderator and I hope I speak for Capt. Morgan and Bill and maybe Greg the Admistrator, there are going to be times when you do things that are not going to endear you to some people on the board, you know that going in, there might be some harsh language, Heaven forbid, some name calling, you know that going in. If my skin isn't thick enough to handle it then I shouldn't be a moderator or a BB Administrator.

Don't get me wrong there are some things and some language that just can't be toleratd under any circumstances, but someone calling me a p####k, certainly doesn't rise to that level.

As far as my being a moderator, I truly believe that Private Messages are just that, Private, no matter who owns them, unless there is some evidence of criminal wrongdoing, I have no business, reading anyone's private messages.
__________________

__________________
Bruce
Treasurer, Great Lakes BBQAssociation
www.glbbqa.com
Rubbed, Smoked, and Sauced Competition BBQ Team-
22 1/2" WSM, 2 18 1/2" WSM's, 22 1/2" Weber Kettle
Bruce B is offline  
Old 07-31-2006, 01:43 PM   #42
Official BBQ Central Mark
 
Larry Wolfe's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bealeton, Virginia
Posts: 14,969
[quote=Bruce B]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasBlakeWFO
Quote:
Originally Posted by "The Joker":1ga4nrrk
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasBlakeWFO
I'm pretty sure that both of you would be banned from any forum in which abusive words were said about the administrator in PMs.
I don't know about anyone else but, I have a major problem with anyone reading Private Messages. They're called PRIVATE for a reason. :-X :-X
All mesages on TexasBBQRub forum are property of Real Texas BBQ Rub Inc. Both public and private. Just like any email service. If anyone has a problem with that, they can take it to the court system.

I don't read private messages. I run a number of MySQL queries that look for harsh communication every few weeks. There is no harsh treatment allowed on TexasBBQRub forums, both private and public. Especially when you call the administrator a prick.
You might be right, but here we just say it right up front. As a moderator and I hope I speak for Capt. Morgan and Bill and maybe Greg the Admistrator, there are going to be times when you do things that are not going to endear you to some people on the board, you know that going in, there might be some harsh language, Heaven forbid, some name calling, you know that going in. If my skin isn't thick enough to handle it then I shouldn't be a moderator or a BB Administrator.

Don't get me wrong there are some things and some language that just can't be toleratd under any circumstances, but someone calling me a p####k, certainly doesn't rise to that level.

As far as my being a moderator, I truly believe that Private Messages are just that, Private, no matter who owns them, unless there is some evidence of criminal wrongdoing, I have no business, reading anyone's private messages.[/quote:1ga4nrrk]

Another well put "class" post!!! =D> Now maybe if Bill can get Kathy to type for him he can reply as well. Cappy says it like it is and is always a class act, he'll even buy you a nice frosty drink!
__________________

__________________
Larry Wolfe
Visit the Wolfe Pit
Wolfe Rub Recipes
Larry Wolfe is offline  
Old 07-31-2006, 01:51 PM   #43
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Myrtle Beach
Posts: 14,162
Well I like the Texas site too, but just don't have time to keep
up with it. I will say, this is the only forum on the net I know of
where anyone can speak freely without fear of pissing off a sponsor.
That's why I like it... we can compare rubs, sauces, woods, grills, any
product, and learn from the discussion.

Very little deleting gets done here. We don't want personal attacks,
but we let a little fight go on sometimes as long as it's fairly civil.

We created a Blue Room that is no holds barred. You can go in there
and fight it out all you want. You must ask Greg to be allowed in.
It's really not that bad in there.

Just keep in mind we do have some teenagers who are members here,
and we like to keep the profanity and sexual innuendo under control.
expecially in the cooking sections. Most of the time, I just go in and
edit out the offensive words, but leave the post and thread alone.

Welcome!! Let's talk Q!
__________________
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
Captain Morgan is offline  
Old 07-31-2006, 01:55 PM   #44
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshively
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan
Well I like the Texas site too, but just don't have time to keep
up with it. I will say, this is the only forum on the net I know of
where anyone can speak freely without fear of pissing off a sponsor.
That's why I like it... we can compare rubs, sauces, woods, grills, any
product, and learn from the discussion.

Very little deleting gets done here. We don't want personal attacks,
but we let a little fight go on sometimes as long as it's fairly civil.

We created a Blue Room that is no holds barred. You can go in there
and fight it out all you want. You must ask Greg to be allowed in.
It's really not that bad in there.

Just keep in mind we do have some teenagers who are members here,
and we like to keep the profanity and sexual innuendo under control.
expecially in the cooking sections. Most of the time, I just go in and
edit out the offensive words, but leave the post and thread alone.

Welcome!! Let's talk Q!
Sounds good and my type of place.
If only it were all true!!
 
Old 07-31-2006, 02:12 PM   #45
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Myrtle Beach
Posts: 14,162
[quote=The Joker]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshively
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Captain Morgan":24iw4z3h
Well I like the Texas site too, but just don't have time to keep
up with it. I will say, this is the only forum on the net I know of
where anyone can speak freely without fear of pissing off a sponsor.
That's why I like it... we can compare rubs, sauces, woods, grills, any
product, and learn from the discussion.

Very little deleting gets done here. We don't want personal attacks,
but we let a little fight go on sometimes as long as it's fairly civil.

We created a Blue Room that is no holds barred. You can go in there
and fight it out all you want. You must ask Greg to be allowed in.
It's really not that bad in there.

Just keep in mind we do have some teenagers who are members here,
and we like to keep the profanity and sexual innuendo under control.
expecially in the cooking sections. Most of the time, I just go in and
edit out the offensive words, but leave the post and thread alone.

Welcome!! Let's talk Q!
Sounds good and my type of place.
If only it were all true!! [/quote:24iw4z3h]


That's it, you're banned.
__________________
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
Captain Morgan is offline  
Old 07-31-2006, 02:15 PM   #46
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
[quote=Captain Morgan][quote="The Joker":kyyk0eto]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshively
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Captain Morgan":kyyk0eto
Well I like the Texas site too, but just don't have time to keep
up with it. I will say, this is the only forum on the net I know of
where anyone can speak freely without fear of pissing off a sponsor.
That's why I like it... we can compare rubs, sauces, woods, grills, any
product, and learn from the discussion.

Very little deleting gets done here. We don't want personal attacks,
but we let a little fight go on sometimes as long as it's fairly civil.

We created a Blue Room that is no holds barred. You can go in there
and fight it out all you want. You must ask Greg to be allowed in.
It's really not that bad in there.

Just keep in mind we do have some teenagers who are members here,
and we like to keep the profanity and sexual innuendo under control.
expecially in the cooking sections. Most of the time, I just go in and
edit out the offensive words, but leave the post and thread alone.

Welcome!! Let's talk Q!
Sounds good and my type of place.
If only it were all true!! [/quote:kyyk0eto]


That's it, you're banned.[/quote:kyyk0eto]
:ack: That's ok, 'cause ......

That's it! I'm outta here!!! :lmao:
 
Old 07-31-2006, 02:21 PM   #47
Moderator
 
wittdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: West Seneca NY
Posts: 9,860
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshively
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Rempe
So here's the deal...It seems some members from the TXBBQRUB site have been banned. Whether they played by the rules or not is none of my concern as it is not my board to run. What was done there is indeed just that...DONE!

This forum is not going to be a vehicle to bash anyone from the Texas site as it is also not going to be a vehicle for someone to bash the former members.

I have a great respect for Bill and Craig over at the Texas site. I will not let this turn in to a fight over who's right and who's wrong. I am more than happy to have all who wish to join stay here at BBQ-4-U. We do have rules here too...but I DO NOT read private messages!!

I'm not saying anyone has crossed any lines yet...just trying to not have to lock a thread for once. I appreciate all of you showing some restraint here in this General Discussion section.
Day 1 posting and I may get the honor of the first locked thread. See this is the legacy I wish to leave for my future kids (none yet that I am aware of).
Don't feel bad my wife almost go me banned before she was a member. :bow:
__________________
Save the gas for the criminals Q with wood...

I get more sauced then my Ribs

My Bark is as good as my Bite!

Swine so fine it's Criminal

Never trust a skinny cook!!!!!!!!
wittdog is offline  
Old 07-31-2006, 02:38 PM   #48
Official BBQ Central Mark
 
Puff's Avatar


 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Warren, Mi.
Posts: 12,331
Welcome aboard guy's, look forward to talkin' to ya'
__________________
Pitboss/ Sous Chef/ Manager at Holiday Market Smokehouse
Royal Oak Mi.
Puff is offline  
Old 07-31-2006, 02:40 PM   #49
God O'Que
 
Uncle Bubba's Avatar


 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Boardman, Ohio
Posts: 2,689
You know what? This is getting old and boring. Can't we all just go back to calling each other names, questioning each other's sexual tendencies, telling Rempe to get off the porch sometime, him calling me fat, Woodman soliciting young farm animals, and just having a great time all in the process? All in fun.

I don't need to hear how other boards are run. He can do what he wants and we'll do what we want. He runs a good board and has rules and I post there occassionally. Rempe runs a good board and has no rules, well almost none.

Hey Jay, Kirk and others...welcome aboard. Now get access to the blue room and let's have some $#$%ing fun!!! :hug:
__________________
Uncle Bubba

"I'd rather be dead in my skin than be a fan of a Redskin."
Uncle Bubba is offline  
Old 07-31-2006, 02:45 PM   #50
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshively
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bubba
You know what? This is getting old and boring. Can't we all just go back to calling each other names, questioning each other's sexual tendencies, telling Rempe to get off the porch sometime, him calling me fat, Woodman soliciting young farm animals, and just having a great time all in the process? All in fun.

I don't need to hear how other boards are run. He can do what he wants and we'll do what we want. He runs a good board and has rules and I post there occassionally. Rempe runs a good board and has no rules, well almost none.

Hey Jay, Kirk and others...welcome aboard. Now get access to the blue room and let's have some $#$%ing fun!!! :hug:
There is a tear in my eye. I think I will call this place home. Who is going to be my daddy? Mommy needs to be about 5'3", blonde, etc.

PM greg for blue room access is how I am understanding this goes?
He specifically told me to use board email. 8-[
 
Old 07-31-2006, 03:00 PM   #51
Official BBQ Central Mark
 
Puff's Avatar


 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Warren, Mi.
Posts: 12,331
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian j
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puff
Welcome aboard guy's, look forward to talkin' to ya'
5 pages of bitching and moaning and all you have to say is "welcome aboard..." is this the real puff or an imposter?
This is the nice, polite(I haven't a beer yet) Puff
After reading 5 pages of people pissing and moaning, it kind of just made may sh*%#y day a little better. It'll be nice to see some new blood around here
__________________
Pitboss/ Sous Chef/ Manager at Holiday Market Smokehouse
Royal Oak Mi.
Puff is offline  
Old 07-31-2006, 03:15 PM   #52
Wizard of Que
 
DATsBBQ's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Galveston TX
Posts: 1,763
Bully Bully

Never visited the Texas site so no opinion offered. Welcome aboard all you misfits and black sheep!

BTW, I reconnoitered the blue room and thought it should be call the pink room.

I'm walking softly now to avoid being hit with a big stick.
DATsBBQ is offline  
Old 07-31-2006, 03:29 PM   #53
BBQ Central Pro


 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 999
Why cant we all just get along? Tried TP jelly for the first time this weekend. My scores are going UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [-o<
__________________
Spicewine Turbo 2007 model
Perry Brothers & Sons Bar-B-Q
DaleP is offline  
Old 07-31-2006, 03:31 PM   #54
God O'Que
 
Uncle Bubba's Avatar


 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Boardman, Ohio
Posts: 2,689
[quote=The Joker]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshively
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Uncle Bubba":2xlad5c6
You know what? This is getting old and boring. Can't we all just go back to calling each other names, questioning each other's sexual tendencies, telling Rempe to get off the porch sometime, him calling me fat, Woodman soliciting young farm animals, and just having a great time all in the process? All in fun.

I don't need to hear how other boards are run. He can do what he wants and we'll do what we want. He runs a good board and has rules and I post there occassionally. Rempe runs a good board and has no rules, well almost none.

Hey Jay, Kirk and others...welcome aboard. Now get access to the blue room and let's have some $#$%ing fun!!! :hug:
There is a tear in my eye. I think I will call this place home. Who is going to be my daddy? Mommy needs to be about 5'3", blonde, etc.

PM greg for blue room access is how I am understanding this goes?
He specifically told me to use board email. 8-[[/quote:2xlad5c6]

You always say how high when Rempe says jump?

100:1 says you don't. :rules: :lmao:
__________________
Uncle Bubba

"I'd rather be dead in my skin than be a fan of a Redskin."
Uncle Bubba is offline  
Old 07-31-2006, 04:00 PM   #55
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
[quote=Uncle Bubba][quote="The Joker":3p0zop73]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshively
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Uncle Bubba":3p0zop73
You know what? This is getting old and boring. Can't we all just go back to calling each other names, questioning each other's sexual tendencies, telling Rempe to get off the porch sometime, him calling me fat, Woodman soliciting young farm animals, and just having a great time all in the process? All in fun.

I don't need to hear how other boards are run. He can do what he wants and we'll do what we want. He runs a good board and has rules and I post there occassionally. Rempe runs a good board and has no rules, well almost none.

Hey Jay, Kirk and others...welcome aboard. Now get access to the blue room and let's have some $#$%ing fun!!! :hug:
There is a tear in my eye. I think I will call this place home. Who is going to be my daddy? Mommy needs to be about 5'3", blonde, etc.

PM greg for blue room access is how I am understanding this goes?
He specifically told me to use board email. 8-[[/quote:3p0zop73]

You always say how high when Rempe says jump?

100:1 says you don't. :rules: :lmao:[/quote:3p0zop73]
Make it 1,000:1 and you're getting closer. I'm just recalling my request to da masta..It was via PM and while he granted me access (only because he knew me), he did mention that I should have used board email. 8-[ (No, I didn't save that one...)

I would hope that either way would work!
 
Old 07-31-2006, 04:09 PM   #56
Wizard of Que
 
DATsBBQ's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Galveston TX
Posts: 1,763
I was told to use email also. Rules are rules after all. Like in some card games, Jokers are wild.
DATsBBQ is offline  
Old 07-31-2006, 04:16 PM   #57
Saint O'Que
 
Larry D.'s Avatar


 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Clemmons, NC
Posts: 1,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleP
Why cant we all just get along? Tried TP jelly for the first time this weekend. My scores are going UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [-o<
Just don't substitute it for KY jelly. (Or vice-versa.) :winkie:
__________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------
"If we took the bones out, it wouldn't be crunchy, would it?"
Larry D. is offline  
Old 07-31-2006, 04:50 PM   #58
Graduate of BBQ Central
 
oompappy's Avatar


 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Finger Lakes NY
Posts: 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry D.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleP
Why cant we all just get along? Tried TP jelly for the first time this weekend. My scores are going UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [-o<
Just don't substitute it for KY jelly. (Or vice-versa.) :winkie:
That Kentucky jelly aint no good for BBQ.
__________________
Oompappy's Page...
oompappy is offline  
Old 07-31-2006, 04:55 PM   #59
Pope O'Que
 
SteerCrazy's Avatar


 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 2,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by oompappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry D.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleP
Why cant we all just get along? Tried TP jelly for the first time this weekend. My scores are going UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [-o<
Just don't substitute it for KY jelly. (Or vice-versa.) :winkie:
That Kentucky jelly aint no good for BBQ.
:lmao: :lmao:
SteerCrazy is offline  
Old 07-31-2006, 05:19 PM   #60
BBQ Centralite
 
Woodman's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Mentor, Oh
Posts: 4,457
How does all of this affect me?
__________________

__________________
"I was born to cook for people"
Woodman is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off







All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×