BBQrs in exile...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
photokirk said:
Just a heads up... PM's are NOT private on TexasBBQRub.com Adjust your typing accordingly.
This board uses the same software and host as they do. If that's true, they're not private here either!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Feel secure guys, I don't have the first idea how I would even begin to look up other peoples PM's...besides not having any interest in the first place, I believe the SA of MFBB.com locks the ability to do that...I cannot get a back up of this forum unless I pay for one. Besides, everyone here talks sh*t about me to my face...It can't be any worse behind my back!

BTW...TXBBQRUB has their own board installed, it is not part of the MFBB family!

jshively said:
photokirk said:
Just a heads up... PM's are NOT private on TexasBBQRub.com Adjust your typing accordingly.

Not inferring anything but from what I am gathering the moderator here is not insecure, controlling, bored, or worried about maintaining some prissy little image.
That pic is creepy for some reason....as for the moderator you are right most of the time... :!: :hide: :lmao:

Greg Rempe said:
"Meat is Murder"

That is my favorite Smiths Album!!

No way! You are a Smiths fan? I love the Smiths!

Hoosier and Kirk. Sorry to see you off that board, but happy to see you here. These guys are alot of fun! I'll look forward to seeing J Shively at Nelsonville this fall, and , the invitation to come over to Oinktoberfest is open as well! Wood-Moderator

Kirk you too. If you dont mind me asking what did you do. How come they are baning so many people lately? Was it always like this?

Chris

TexasBlakeWFO said:
I'm pretty sure that both of you would be banned from any forum in which abusive words were said about the administrator in PMs.
I don't know about anyone else but, I have a major problem with anyone reading Private Messages. They're called PRIVATE for a reason. :-X :-X

TexasBlakeWFO said:
Especially when you call the administrator a prick.

We call Greg a prick all the time, he doesn't seem to mind. Actually I think it arouses him! You guys can call him a prick here anytime you feel like it!!

BTW, welcome aboard all former TXBBQ Rub Board members!!

photokirk said:
TexasBlakeWFO said:
chris1237 said:
Kirk you too. If you dont mind me asking what did you do. How come they are baning so many people lately? Was it always like this?

Chris

People are only banned when they choose not to follow the rules.

I don't think he asked you.

I was banned because I called Blake a "prick" in a private message to another member. There were no rules regarding PMs.

I have been a big fan of Texas BBQ Rub and have done a lot to promote their products. I was very surprised when I could not log in yesterday, and even more surprised today when I talked to Bill and found out that Blake reads the (allegedly) private messages send between members of the board.

I still think Bill makes a good product, but I will take my business elsewhere. For the sake of his community and his business, he needs to implement a Code of Conduct and enforce it evenly.
I just scanned his site and cannot find anywhere where it says that Private Messages are the property of TxBBQRub or anyone else for that matter. There's no fore warning to it's members that Private Messages can or will be scanned / read my moderators. I too have been a huge fan of TxBBQRub and have used it exclusively since 1st trying it more than 3 years ago. Good Luck Blake ~ Tell Bill I also feel that he makes a fantastic product but I'm also taking my business elsewhere...

So here's the deal...It seems some members from the TXBBQRUB site have been banned. Whether they played by the rules or not is none of my concern as it is not my board to run. What was done there is indeed just that...DONE!

This forum is not going to be a vehicle to bash anyone from the Texas site as it is also not going to be a vehicle for someone to bash the former members.

I have a great respect for Bill and Craig over at the Texas site. I will not let this turn in to a fight over who's right and who's wrong. I am more than happy to have all who wish to join stay here at BBQ-4-U. We do have rules here too...but I DO NOT read private messages!!

I'm not saying anyone has crossed any lines yet...just trying to not have to lock a thread for once. I appreciate all of you showing some restraint here in this General Discussion section.

Greg Rempe said:
So here's the deal...It seems some members from the TXBBQRUB site have been banned. Whether they played by the rules or not is none of my concern as it is not my board to run. What was done there is indeed just that...DONE!

This forum is not going to be a vehicle to bash anyone from the Texas site as it is also not going to be a vehicle for someone to bash the former members.

I have a great respect for Bill and Craig over at the Texas site. I will not let this turn in to a fight over who's right and who's wrong. I am more than happy to have all who wish to join stay here at BBQ-4-U. We do have rules here too...but I DO NOT read private messages!!

I'm not saying anyone has crossed any lines yet...just trying to not have to lock a thread for once. I appreciate all of you showing some restraint here in this General Discussion section.

Very well said Greg!! You are a manly man when we need you most!!! :eek: 8-[

brian j said:
TexasBlakeWFO said:
[quote="The Joker":2gszi639]
TexasBlakeWFO said:
I'm pretty sure that both of you would be banned from any forum in which abusive words were said about the administrator in PMs.
I don't know about anyone else but, I have a major problem with anyone reading Private Messages. They're called PRIVATE for a reason. :-X :-X

All mesages on TexasBBQRub forum are property of Real Texas BBQ Rub Inc. Both public and private. Just like any email service. If anyone has a problem with that, they can take it to the court system.

I don't read private messages. I run a number of MySQL queries that look for harsh communication every few weeks. There is no harsh treatment allowed on TexasBBQRub forums, both private and public. Especially when you call the administrator a prick.
it's a good thing you're not the mod here. everyone would be elsewhere. speaking of esle where, you can slither on back to your board any time now.[/quote:2gszi639]
Nicely put Bri :!:

Greg Rempe said:

This is why new people like myself feel welcomed and comfortable to post anything and say anything (within reason) to whom ever, when ever on this site. We know there is ribbing back and forth and if you are not adult enough to realize that maybe you shouldn't be using message boards to begin with.

photokirk said:
TexasBlakeWFO said:
chris1237 said:

Chris

People are only banned when they choose not to follow the rules.

I don't think he asked you.

I was banned because I called Blake a "prick" in a private message to another member. There were no rules regarding PMs.

I have been a big fan of Texas BBQ Rub and have done a lot to promote their products. I was very surprised when I could not log in yesterday,
and even more surprised today when I talked to Bill and found out that Blake reads the (allegedly) private messages send between members of the board.

I still think Bill makes a good product, but I will take my business elsewhere. For the sake of his community and his business, he needs to implement a Code of Conduct and enforce it evenly.

Were glad to have you here kirk and any other texas bbq rub members that my join us.

Blake, I truly apperate all the work you put into the texas bbq rub forum. I have leard alot since have I joined there (and here). I would like to thank everyone who keeps that board running (and here too). I have never used txbbq rub so I can not comment on that but I would like to complemt you guys on your fast shipping. I have ordered a few pairs of your gloves and they are here super quick. Same goes for TPJ. But some of time blake I think you just need to let things go.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom