BBQ Tool set

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greg Rempe

Web Celeb
Moderator Emeritus
I have a lot of Brookstone stuff...here is a link for a set that is $60 and a set that is $50...

$60 SET

$50 SET

Of course there is the set that I own which Becky got me for my Birthday a few years ago...but it might be out of the price range you are trying to stay in...you'll be a superstar in his eyes though!!

MY SET

I agree with Pigs...I have 3 different sets that were given to me over the years. The wooden handles don't weather very well.

Imho, the stainless steel set is my favorite by far. I've had it for 5 years.
You can leave em outside in all kinds of weather, pop em in the dishwasher for easy cleaning. Get all stainless steel. They're not expensive, very strong, easy to clean.

Not trying to fight...but, my Brookstone set is 5 years old and looks just fine...but higher end stuff you'd expect as much... :!:

Is he a sports fan? Larry and I were looking at things like this the other day...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... gory=25218
1c_2.JPG

The problem I have with most sets is the tongs are crap and the nylon brush don't work well. If I cooked on a large offset all the time I would use a short handle pizza peel (metal peel) for a spatula.
Jim

jminion said:
The problem I have with most sets is the tongs are crap and the nylon brush don't work well. If I cooked on a large offset all the time I would use a short handle pizza peel (metal peel) for a spatula.
Jim

I agree with Jim. I've been gifted and have gifted myownself and the sets all have "crappy" tongs, a device that needs to be "best."

I have come to the conclusion that a really good bbq tool set should have each tool purchased individually. Then, no problems with bad brushes, tongs or the like!

See, I'm smart!! :eek:

I can't remeber the last time I used a fork on the grill. I've got a real good set of tongs that I got at Linen & Things. And a spatula and the heat proof pot holders. Thats all I really need.

Back
Top Bottom