Barbecue ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pigs On The Wing BBQ

Master Chef
Well, Hokey smokes! Guess I'm Just the bastard of barbecue. This is a open forum, Is it not? Let me first say, Thank you Greg for providing this forum. I'm not apposed foil, Thermometers, Gurus. They are all useful tools. My only bitch is, If you haven't had my barbecue. DON'T judge me. I'm old school as many of you know. I cook direct over lump and hard wood in a large pit made by myself. I know there is ball busting from time to time. BUT give me a break, I'm just trying to preserve the pig roasts, And barbecue of my past. I have my opinion of cooking, So do others. Let's glance at comp.cooking, Foil this, spray this, exc, exc, One friend told me he foils ribs because" That's the only way I have been told to do them" Is it wrong? Hell no, We all do barbecue a little diffrent. There is NO wrong or right way.I'm just the old way. Little slack, Please?

Hey Pigs,

Wanna know what kind of person ????? ME !!!! I use a GURU and a THERMOMETER, and sometimes FOIL and sometimes I EVEN POUR APPLE JUICE ON IT...!!!!!!!! and I will put my BBQ up against anyone's. I sell a ton of pulled pork and BBQ sauce and people don't say "Hey, is this cooked "old School or did you cheat and use a GURU and FOIL?"

Having an opinion is quite different from making a judgement. You don't seem to know the difference.

Unless you've hunted and killed your meat and cooked it outside over an open flamed charcoal pit, don't tell me your cooking authentic barbacoa.

I usually don't rant like this but Pigs, You really ticked me off with your What person crap !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Al

I don't know, I kinda like "Bastard of Barbecue."

I got called the douchebag of barbecue, but it doesn't have the same ring to it.

Captain Morgan said:
I don't know, I kinda like "Bastard of Barbecue."

I got called the douchebag of barbecue, but it doesn't have the same ring to it.

Hey Captain its the pirate in us , i kinda liked the sound of that too, all we ned is the bpack eye ptach , a barrel of rum , and the parrot and we got ot going , LOL!!!!

Bob T said:
[quote="Captain Morgan":16ixel3p]I don't know, I kinda like "Bastard of Barbecue."

As long as your not referred to as a USED douchebag, your OK.[/quote:16ixel3p]

True enough.

Pigs first of all let me say, I like you. You say it from the heart, no holds barred. You've got passion for your BBQ/food as I do. I just think the delivery of your opinions is harsh for many. I've learned by reading your posts, that's just the person you are and not to take what you're saying personally. I myself am guilty of jumping on folks for using a Guru, or not brining etc. Then I sit back and think, why in the hell am I giving people a hard time for doing something a different way than I do?? Maybe they don't have the time I do. Maybe they don't have as much BBQ experience as I do. Maybe this, maybe that, the list of reasons why they cook the way they choose goes on and on. Is there a "Tradional" way? Sure. But that doesn't make everyother way wrong either. I feel you have a TON of knowledge to offer all of us on the board. I also feel we have a TON of knowledge we can share with you too, even though they may involve different methods of doing things! ALL of us can learn something from someone. Once someone thinks they have nothing else to learn, their passion is gone. That's the fun part of being on a forum, going to comps, cooking with a friend or neighbor. Just when we think we know it all, we learn someting. I love learning and trying new things, even if I disagree with them, I'll try them just for the hell of it. I've been pleasantly surprised several times when I've tried something new and loved it, but was originally against it.

Bottomline, we all need to be willing to accept everyones gonna cook BBQ the way they're comfortable with and the way they get their best results. If everyone BBQ'd the same way, BBQ would be boring.

WalterSC said:
Hey Captain its the pirate in us , i kinda liked the sound of that too, all we ned is the bpack eye ptach , a barrel of rum , and the parrot and we got ot going , LOL!!!!

The Captain has an outfit like that, he usually wears it when the kids tour the radio station. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Cappy,

I agree 10,000%

Remember.... It all comes down to how the food tastes not how it was cooked. And the friends and loved with which we get to share it !!!
=D> =D> =D> .

Al

Funny...I don't give a rip what is real and what isn't...if I make it and it tastes good then it's good enough for me! Keep it real all you want...you ain't bothering me! :D :(

Greg Rempe said:
Funny...I don't give a rip what is real and what isn't...if I make it and it tastes good then it's good enough for me! Keep it real all you all want...you ain't bothering me! :D :(

Amen well said , thats what its alla bout after all. LOL

If cooking direct over coals is real for you and you want to continue using that style, then by all means do that.

The use of another style is just that the use of another style. As long as I don't have to listen this is the only way to cook you won't get any crap from me.

I personelly enjoy cooking using different styles and different style of pits.

The use of a Guru doesn't bother me but if you have never cooked without one and you have problems with the Guru are you going to be able run your pit?

Jim

Jim, could please supply me with a link to thie Guru thing , I can not find the old one and would like to check it out for myself, anything that would make things easier is a good thing overall yes??

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom