Barbecue ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pig
Your right there are lots of ways to get the job done.
When I give advice it should be kept in mind that I cook a lot of competitions and I look for methods that are very easily repeatable, so I use foil, and thermometers.
For a newbie using a thrmometer is a great tool but as they cook using the feel to test the temp is a good idea. Place your hand on the top of your cooker and count the seconds you can leave your hand on the lid. That will come in real handy knowledge if your therm fails. Same for running a pit without a Guru if it were to fail.
Jim

Well, I didn't mean to imply that one way was the best way. I'm fortunate enough to have a friend that sells pits and other kinds of barbecue equipment and gadgets I get to play a little at demo's exc. Lucky me that gets to play with pits that I don't have to buy.One size doesn't fit all in barbecue, That's for sure. I meant no harm. Barbecue HAS to be one of the most completed or simple things that can be discussed. Guess the only thing that we all can agree on is that no where in doing a raw piece of meat shall the word "crock pot" should come up. :grin:

I have this friend, Mr. Bill to some, other Bill to others. He is about as laid back as anyone I know. His way of thinking about Q is, "I dont care if it looks the best, as long as people enjoy eating it."

The McRib: Is it more myth than a sandwich?
By JOSH EISERIKE

December 15, 2004

printer-friendly version
contact us
e-mail this story
Sometimes, in the course of American history, something achieves cultural status simply by being mysterious or shrouded in a veil of uncertainty. Conspiracy theorists have their own spin on the Kennedy assassination, the Freemasons and, curiously, a McDonald’s sandwich.

In 1982, the McDonald’s Corp. unveiled a new sandwich oddly titled “The McRib.â€

Thanks for the history on the McRib sandwich Bill. Just remember guys, it's not a traditional McRib Sandwich if its made from Ribs. :D

Captain Morgan said:
Man that was a lot of McRib talk! Wonder why they don't have websites for the McFish?

Cause they're not exactly sure themselves what's in the McFish!

Haven't seen that around here in a couple of years. When I trim my spare ribs down, I filet the trimmings and grill them. Taste even better than a McRib sandwich!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom